Psychic Detectives Using Tarot Cards to Solve Crimes?

Glass Owl

Psychic detectives using Tarot cards to solve crimes?

I was listening to a podcast (actually a recording of radio program) last night and the topic was Psychic detectives (aka psychic crime scene investigators). They discussed the Court TV program "Psychic Detectives" which profiles true cases where psychics been enlisted to help detectives solve baffling mysteries and one of the detective featured on "Psychic Detectives," Dr. Headding, was a guest on the radio program.

The whole subject of using psychics to solve crimes was so intriguing that I have been doing a bit of research on it and now it has led me back to the Tarot.

On Wikipedia it mentions that "psychic detectives also use tarot reading, voodoo, numerology and dowsing."

And this got me to wondering, have any of you heard of anyone using the Tarot to solve a crime or helped the police using the Tarot? Do you think that this is something the police should consider using? If you did a Tarot reading that you thought provides some information about a crime, what would you do with that information?

By the way, according to Wikipedia, "a psychic detective is defined as a person who investigate crimes by using paranormal psychic abilities."

Frequently abilities claimed by psychic detectives include:
--postcognition (the paranormal perception of the past)
--psychometry (information psychically gained from objects)
--telepathy

GoddessArtemis

Is this somewhere on iTunes? Can you share the name? I'd be curious to listen, too.

I think it'd be fascinating to use divination methods to solve crimes, but wow...what a responsibility. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

GA

Sinduction

I watch that show and can't recall anyone using tarot. Most of them are mediums, with those qualities that you described.

I guess if you can get the information, does it matter where it comes from?

I can just imagine going to the police with some of my readings!

Tara2007

In Silver Ravenwolf's "The Solitary Witch" she mentions helping solve crimes using tarot. I don't know to what extent she does that kind of work, but she does refer to it.

I don't see why this can't be done. Somewhere out there there must be a police detective who uses tarot cards, and probably other divinatory tools as well.

Love & Light
Nancy

Glass Owl

GoddessArtemis said:
Is this somewhere on iTunes? Can you share the name? I'd be curious to listen, too.
You can find it at http://beyondreality.podbean.com/ or you can do a search for Beyond Reality Radio on itunes and search through their episodes for it. This episode is called "Psychics in Law Enforcement." Keep in mind though that this episode is about the topic of using Psychics to solve crimes. I didn't hear any mention of Tarot on that program. However, I did read on Wikipedia there are "psychic detectives" who use the Tarot.

Tara2007 said:
Somewhere out there there must be a police detective who uses tarot cards, and probably other divinatory tools as well.
I bet you are right! That is a really cool thought--that Tarot could be behind the scenes, fighting for justice.

But detective/cops to admit that Tarot has helped them (or maybe even cracked the case)---very, very unlikely. Can you imagine him/her telling the rest of the department... the general public? I would guess that the cop/detective in question would just say that "intuition" or a "gut feeling" pointed him/her in the right direction.

I wonder if anyone on a jury has contemplated using the Tarot.....

missycab

I guess that the problems will come in the trial, regarding the evidence. There has to be material evidence that destroys the pressumtion of innocence. If the crime is solved only by using psiquic mediums (procedures), the defense attorney will use a loooooot of defenses like the fruit of the poisonous tree and such. So I think tarot and such could be used with some limitations, not as the only or most of the evidence in which the accusation will be built upon.

tarotlyn

Hi! :heart: Everyone!

We have watched this show many times on satellite dish TV...and they have
never even spoken of using Tarot cards at all...

...at least not on the shows we've seen. But it is possible that these psychics
do use them - but they probably do not mention that fact to the police they
are working with at the time.

Every psychic I have ever known personally, "does" use various other Metaphysical
methods to activate their gifts.

:heart: Lyn

Sinduction

missycab said:
I guess that the problems will come in the trial, regarding the evidence. There has to be material evidence that destroys the presumption of innocence. If the crime is solved only by using psychic mediums (procedures), the defense attorney will use a loooooot of defenses like the fruit of the poisonous tree and such. So I think tarot and such could be used with some limitations, not as the only or most of the evidence in which the accusation will be built upon.
With the us this is usually not a problem. They use the psychics to find evidence or to get leads in order to find more evidence. There is no way they would arrest and charge someone based on a psychic saying, "this is the guy." The poisonous tree only has to do with unconstitutionally seized evidence and I can't see how that would come from a psychic. And when using a psychic, law enforcement officers are usually more careful regarding procedure. Sorry, criminal law is my forte.

missycab

I see it from a Roman Law country... here it wouldn't be used! :) Anyway, I'm not very good at criminal law, right now I'm studying Tax law, and I :heart: it!

Now I remember that when I was a child there was a case of a girl who was missing, and a psychic said that she saw that she was surrounded by white things, and the body was found covered in salt. I was a child, and it was very shocking for me.

Glass Owl

I watched some of the Casey Anthony murder trial on tv but I missed the part where James Hoover, a private investigator, testified that a psychic contacted him and directed him to the spot where Caylee's body was found a month after his search.

According to this article, James Hoover stated on the stand that the psychic told him that Caylee’s body was located near three white paving stones.

"He went three times to the area on Nov. 15 and 16 and appears to have walked directly over the place the body was later found on Dec. 11."

For him to visit that area three times tells me that he found the psychic's information credible.

I wonder what method(s) the psychic used to gather this information. And since it was mentioned that the psychic contacted him, I also wonder if the psychic received this information spontaneously or if he/she did some sort of divination reading (such as using Tarot cards) to gleam this information.