need ideas

SunChariot

need ideas- keeping this thread which is before the edit!! Moonbow*

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of creating a banner ad to advertise my Tarot website. What kinds of thing do you think it would be good to say on it, has to be short and sweet and make people want to click on it and go to my site.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

Babs

KaiMoonshadow

Hi Babs,
I suppose it depends on where you would be planning to use the banner - is it a general one that people can use to link to your site? Or were you planning to put it somewhere specific?

I think it is always good to have the website address written on the banner if you can (even if it's only little letters at the bottom) - it helps people to recognise your site if they see it elsewhere :) The more people see your website address, the more likely they are to use it when they suddenly think "ooh, a tarot reading..."

Basically, don't make them try and guess what it is you do... spell it out for them - show them what it is and why they want it (and they do want it, even if they don't know it yet ;))

Bonnie

Banner

Babs:

I would use the word(s) "empowerment", or "personal empowerment", somewhere on the banner. This will help move you away from the "Is my boyfriend/husband cheating on me?" school of life. ;-)

Blessings,
Bonnie

tarotmama

Bonnie said:
Babs:

This will help move you away from the "Is my boyfriend/husband cheating on me?" school of life. ;-)

Ah, but those are the types of questions that pay the bills!

That said, I use the words inspiring and empowering on my ads.

Tara2007

The word "free" is supposed to attract lots of attention. You could offer a "free" mini-reading with a 10 card spread or something along those lines.

Also, "freedom" in a phrase is supposed to catch the eye.
"The freedom to make life what you want it - let Tarot advise you" That sort of thing.

Love & Light

shemsu sutekh

You can make something really cool using something simple and lame, like ms paint. I used paint to make some banners/links to one of my fandom websites and it worked out fine. I used a piece of artwork and cut out a banner-sized rectangle out of it and used cool fonts and whatnot. It's actually kind of addictive, XDDD

even with paint you can type in lots of different fonts in all colors right on top of the picture, so use something really pretty. If you maximize/minimize the artwork you're using, you can get a face or a hand, or whatever you want.

Grizabella

You have to be careful in what you offer for free because if it's too much, you get lots of people just hitting you for the freebie and never buying anything. Offering something for a special low price to begin with might be a better idea.

Also, there are so many sites that offer a free small reading that people just have a ho-hum attitude about it, I think, and they figure it's just going to be mostly irrelevant to what they really want to know, like those automated readings. If you do want to offer a free small first reading, you might specify it's a reading done by a real person. That might help.

Tara2007

I did not say that you should offer "free" things that are worthless or meaningless. It is an advertising method that does work. Only the people who are not truly living up to what they say or in fact know what they are doing are disappointing.

[removed by moderator]