Tarot in News Broadcast on New Orleans

Grizabella

The cards mean different things to different people. Some readers choose to read the cards by their own meanings and it seems that's what this reader has chosen to do. It also depends on what deck they're using and whether or not they're reading by the pictures on the cards. It often will depend on the other cards surrounding a card in a spread. I don't always read the cards by traditional meaning. When you have quite a bit of reading experience, it just starts to come to you what each card means in that particular reading and sometimes that's not exactly the traditional meaning.

You'll see so very often in the forums where people advise you to take your cards and make a journal of what each card means to you before you ever take a look at what the traditional meanings tell you in the books or LWB. This is to develop your own method with the cards. Unfortunately, sometimes when you "wing it" with your own meanings, those same people will disagree with you, citing the traditional "book meanings" instead, but I've learned to trust my own flashes of insight when they come and read that way. This man seems to be doing that.

YDM42

Thank you willowfox, Sorry about the duplicate post! Thanks so much for the explanation Solitaire.

Alpha-Omega

YEa it can mean moving forward,
Ginny Hunt from 78 Notes to self Writes

"The Nine of Wands, like the swords nine, shows a tougher aspect of the nine. This one is the grit and determination it takes to succeed. This card represents that last breather before you finally finish what you started. Being wands, the active fire element of tarot, this card refers mainly to the energy needed to bring something to fruition. Having birthed four children, I can't help but liken this card to labor. The figure on the card is showing the weariness of of his trials, battered and bandaged, he has been through much. There comes a point in labor when things get quiet and it's usually right before they get really hairy towards the end. That's the overall theme of this card, the end is at hand and this is a regathering of energy for that final push to completion."

Its more than "Moving forward" but gaining the energy and pushing forawd to the end and completion.

yaraluna

was he paid by Bush to read? })

willowfox

tantricknite said:
Actually he pulled the Knight of swords not the nine of swords....And the knight of swords would be about moving forward. I think it's the fastest moving court card....

I suppose somebody should tell the people down there, then maybe they would get the job completed, as they seem to be lacking in the fast department.

Debra

tantricknite said:
Actually he pulled the Knight of swords not the nine of swords....And the knight of swords would be about moving forward. I think it's the fastest moving court card....

THAT makes sense. The 9 of swords doesn't. He sure pulled a lot of cards.

Debra

PS: He's using the Old Path deck.

I don't see Ace of Cauldrons (cups) as "money flowing"--it may be a lot of emotion and love, or....a whole lot of water. Here it is, attached.

I think he was saying what sounded good for the reporters, determined to put a bright spin on the future of his beloved home city.

Attachments

• op642.jpg
    op642.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 60