Tarot Spells

robotic

I've been reading a couple of the threads on here about Tarot Spells, and I'm wondering about casting spells for yourself. My friend has told me that it's wise to have someone else cast the spell for you as the energy will be unselfish. So, my question is: is it okay to cast spells for yourself, or is it better to have someone else do it for you?

coyoteblack

Many of the Tarot spells are made for your self any way. Also the connection and emotion you will add helping you is most likely stringer then anyone else can do.

Sulis

I've never heard that before.
What's wrong with casting spells for selfish reasons?
And what is unselfish?
If you cast a spell to heal your mother, is that unselfish? I don't think so.

In my opinion the best spells are the ones that you cast for yourself, on yourself.
Magic is a wonderful tool of personal growth and it's your spiritual path so why would you want someone else to do it for you?

robotic

Sulis said:
I've never heard that before.
What's wrong with casting spells for selfish reasons?
And what is unselfish?
If you cast a spell to heal your mother, is that unselfish? I don't think so.

In my opinion the best spells are the ones that you cast for yourself, on yourself.
Magic is a wonderful tool of personal growth and it's your spiritual path so why would you want someone else to do it for you?

I agree about casting for selfish/unselfish reasons. I don't see any harm in either. I was definitely confused about what my friend said about the subject. Thanks for clarification! :)

Sulis

Personally I think the 'rule' that some folks quote about not casting spells for selfish reasons comes from TV shows like Charmed where you're not supposed to use 'your powers' for personal gain..

Rubbish :D

wytchwood

Yes I agree, Sulis, that concept is just pants, just like the show!

Seriously though, Robotic, go ahead and cast spells for your own needs, I have always found this to be effective and have never for a second felt that it was not appropriate. Some Wiccans place boundaries on what is and is not an acceptable use of magic, but it really comes down to your own ethics.

Zoe

willowfox

The best results come when you do your own spells. I wouldn't trust someone else for the simple reason that they would probably not put their heart and soul into the spell for me. Some spells take a lot of effort and only you can supply the enthusiasm and work to achieve a good result.