Mann liest was er isst?

Kobarot

After recently starting on a "lifestyle change" (note that...NOT a diet!), I've noticed my intuition has been sort of kick-started. Nothing truly exceptional, but a few times at work I've picked up very distinctive bits of energy from people, beyond a sort of snap judgment. My Tarot readings also seem clearer and easier to understand/interpret. Hence the name of the thread, in rather mangled German: "One reads what he eats." (The original being "Mann ist was er isst," or "One is what he eats," since "ist" and "isst" are pronounced exactly the same, it makes for a cute little rhyme about nutrition and well-being.)

Considering that before I never really noticed energy from anyone, and that my readings were rather muddled (to my thinking), perhaps a change in lifestyle and diet (eating more "good things" and fewer "bad things," more exercise) has positively affected my "sixth sense" well being? I'm quite sure it's possible. Has anyone else here experienced this?

tantricknite

Food as a channel

Diet does affect your magical energy.Heavy foods are definatley going to ground you.The best foods for raising your "frequency" are raw foods. Raw fruits and vegetables full of live enzymes,flora ect. and slightly fermented (Like raw uncooked cabbage) will light you up like a light bulb. Most foods we eat are "dead" in that theres nothing alive within them. To much processed food to much sterilization.Foods that are low in fat and have protein, vitamins might be "good" for you but may not do much to brighten your aura.
Any form of thurgy whether traditional or gnostic will help increase your astral sight..................

willowfox

Vegetables and fruit are light and easy for the body to digest. Whereas fatty foods, meat, cheese etc are heavy foods and difficult for your body to digest, thus make you lethargic both physically and mentally. As your body changes so do you, you tend to become more receptive and sensitive to what is going on around you.

wytchwood

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more. The food we eat affects us on all these different levels. Our well-being hinges on our bodies and what goes into them, physically, spiritually, mentally, emotionally and everything else. Congratulations on your wise choice to go for a healthier you, looking after yourself really is the nicest gift you can give to yourself and the world, you are so much more able to engage in life when healthier.

It's quite well-documented in Occult circles that some foods are heavy and some light. Heavy foods such as meat weigh you down, dulling your 'other senses' and making astral travel difficult, even impossible. Light foods such as salad, fruit etc. have the opposite effect, allowing psychic channels to be cleared and freeing up the astral body for 'travel'.

Certainly in my own experience there is a marked difference in perception when eating better. Exercise adds even more to this effect. The more we look after our bodies, the less 'interference' there seems to be from the physical world- I think it's like looking through clear water instead of the muddy water which would arise from pollutants in our bodies. In particular, excess weight after pregnancy really seemed to interfere with any magical abilities I had, once I lost the weight my abilities seemed to come back.

Good luck with your new lifestyle!!

Zoe xx