Thinking about going to a professional...

blackroseivy

...Yeah - NOT like me, haha - someone who does thorough, in-depth readings. I only think that it's a shame that they no longer offer paid readings here on AT! I had a wonderful one from Lee at one time.

I have an on-going situation that is 20 years old this month. :( Well, never mind the details - I just would love to have a deeper insight to what exactly is going on, what I can maybe even do about it, etc.

So, I found this wonderful site called "Tarot Moon". She really looks like she knows what she is doing!

Anybody else here ever really feel you need an in-depth reading from a professional, even if only every so often?

Alpha-Omega

Yea sure. I have paid readings done for myself, But not Tarot readers, I have only paid for a Psychic reading. Its diffrent when someone else gives u a reading, ur own bias is not in it.

starrystarrynight

I love the readings I've gotten from here...but...

That said, I also like getting face-to-face readings because of the give and take they offer. Because I can converse with the reader in real-time, I often feel I get more out of the in-person readings.

There is a "traveling" psychic fair that visits my area every month or two...so when I feel I need some good give-and-take, I make it a point to get that kind of reading. It's $20 for 15 minutes--well worth it to me. And I have never been disappointed with the professionalism or any of the readings I have gotten; in fact, some of them have been so accurate, it's almost scary!

Michelle

Yes, I do. About every 6 months or so I get an in-person reading. Sometimes I have amazing 'aha' moments during the reading and other times they seem to be very general. Either way, I enjoy having them and always keep the tapes to listen to a few months down the road.

willowfox

Face to face readings are great to do every once in a while, so much more intimate and you can ask the reader to enlarge on any point as they go along, a good reader also seems to get into it better giving one a much deeper answer. Asking others on a forum like this can be very limiting and very impersonal, there is not that face to face connection between you and you can't make any queries until after the reading has become cold.

The crowned one

AS far as a learning tool goes it is unbeatable too. You want to sharpen your skills as a musician? join a band, as a reader do it live and in the flesh. Both are a lot more fun and satisfying then doing it alone too. Next best is teaching.

Sinduction

I go once or twice a year to a tarot psychic. He's wonderful and has prepared me for many things I otherwise would not know where coming.

willowfox

I have always found a professional reading to be so enlightening and enjoyable, you can ask questions and it does indeed give you the opportunity to learn if you are paying close attention, which you should be anyway. It also gives a sense of satisfaction in that the reading was well done, that the answers were accurate and the advice sensible and to the point. Like how one feels after a good meal.

ribbitcat

blackroseivy said:
So, I found this wonderful site called "Tarot Moon". She really looks like she knows what she is doing!

Hi Blackroseivy :)

This is Thrysse's aka Teresa Michelsen's site, and indeed she does know what she's doing; has authored a couple of books and used to be very active on the Comptarot Yahoo group (not sure if she still is, am not up to date).

ribbitcat

HearthCricket

I have always wanted to go to a professional reader on a more regular basis, and have just recently found a New Age store 5 minutes from my house. If they had not advertised for their 1 year Anniversary special, I would have never known they existed. Anyhow, I had a Shaman healing and a tarot reader (psychic) who was unbelievably excellent. Now, mind you, when I hear the word "psychic" I have a tendency to back off or take it with a grain of salt, but as no one knew me, nor had I ever been in the store before, nor did they get my credit card, etc., only a psychic would be able to tell me the details of my life and present situation like she did. I was floored by her accuracy. I hope to see her again in a few weeks.

That being said, I have taken the opportunity of their low prices and getting readings from various people they pull in because not only do I enjoy getting a more objective view on things, but it gives me the chance to see how others read in public and divine, and how good, or bad, they are. I just had a horrible angel reading, last week, which a child could have done better at. But it was the chance I took, and so be it. I may be going back tonight...not sure if I will get a reading or not, but the owner will be in and I want to talk to them about the poor reader they had, etc.

Either way, whether you get good information or not, I think if the price is reasonable, it is so worth it. At any rate, it will be a learning experience, and if you have anything remotely like I had from that first reader, you may find yourself walking in the air for a few days, dazzled by their accuracy. Let me give an example:

I never had been there, they didn't know me, at all. Right before going to the store, my MIL showed up at our house to park her car while waiting for another son to pick her up and bring her to my nieces dance recital. My husband wanted to stay and chitchat with her, but I had been looking forward to this special Anniversary fair of the New Age store and we had no plans to socialize with her. We got into a fight for the first time, over her, and luckily, I won. We left and went to the store. As soon as I sat down and the lady explained what she would be doing and that she was psychic, she said "For example, I feel a great deal of stress in you, right now, and that it has something to do with your MIL." My eyes popped out of my head. I always got along with my MIL. How did she pick that up?

Later in the healing she said she felt a cord and something holding me down on my lower left side-pointing to the area. It was exactly where my huge ovarian cyst was just shrinking, but not gone, yet. The whole half an hour was like this. Like I said...I was floored. I can read cards and I can be intuitive, but I am not psychic like that! What a gift!