Client Waiver Form

Shackles

I am looking to do readings part time for money . Do you think that a waiver saying "For Entertainment Purposes Only" is necessary? If so what is a polite yet legal way to say it on paper?

Grizabella

Just put a little sign on your table. I wouldn't make an issue of having clients read or sign a paper. If mention is made of the little sign, just tell them it's for legal purposes that you have to have the disclaimer. It's up to them whether they read the sign or not, but at least you have it there.

Do you live where that's required in order to be legal? If not, don't even bother with the little sign, but at least the sign covers your buns just in case. :)

Shackles

i like that idea. i think a waiver is kinda invasive, but my friend recommended it. i'll check into the legality of it.

Alpha-Omega

I made waiver forms but never used them because My readings are online. When doing online readings my disclaimer on the bottom says

"You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to receive a reading. Readings are for “Entertainment” purposes only. Tarot readings are not to replace or supplement any professional advice such as legal, medical, etc. I do not claim an accuracy percent to my readings. I accept zero liability for your actions after a reading. Advice is based on the tarot cards not from my own experiance and or opinions."

Sinduction

Yes, you are in PA so definitely check what the law says about reading for money. I wish I could tell you what it is but it is easy enough to check the laws for your state. You can find it for free on the internet.

Guiding Cauldron

wow good info to know of ty.

Shackles

Karma Crimp

Im not fond of the legality of it as it hampers the mystic surrounding the reading I think. It kinda puts a crimp on the karma too. Like telling someone to ignore what they are about to pay for... when you really want them to keep coming back for more.

Alpha-Omega

Shackles said:
Im not fond of the legality of it as it hampers the mystic surrounding the reading I think. It kinda puts a crimp on the karma too. Like telling someone to ignore what they are about to pay for... when you really want them to keep coming back for more.

Yea I have the same feeling, but most people believe in the readings like us and understand out disclaimers are for our protection.

tarotkey

If you live in PA like I do...

Hi Shackles,
...Yes! In PA you must post a sign. "Fortune telling" for money is illegal here. Visit any Psychic Fair and you'll see every reader has one, even the ordained reverends. It can be a small one but it needs to be legible. I even begin my Tarot classes with a verbal disclaimer just to play it safe.

Grizabella

Shackles said:

I agree. That's why I say just put out a little sign. Write or print it in a creative script and frame it in a cool little frame to sit on your table or to hang from the front of it or whatever. If you live where it's required, people will understand. If they don't, just tell them it's required by law and go about your business. :)

Having them read and sign a paper is going to really be discouraging and demystifying and I wouldn't recommend that.