Dream Cards by LS

ana luisa

Please mods change this thread if I placed it in a wrong "slot". I recently bought the Dream Cards by Scarabeo. I am still in awe . It is such an intense deck, with the most pshychodelic images I have ever seen!! I started making an acquaintance with each card, having a look at the infinite details when something struck me. And it was NOT good. These cards keep giving me intuitive flashes of horrible feelings. Never before have I felt that a card would convey pedophilia, miscarriage or adultery resulting in death. I have never looked at an image and saw a person losing a member of their body to an accident. Is it normal? Should I give up using the deck or is it just a deck that speaks the truth and doesn´t like to sugar-coat? I do like the drawings/cards a lot and would be quite reluctant to give the deck away altogether. Has anyone who uses it experienced something remotely similar to what I described? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

blackstormhawk

I have that deck and appreciate the strength of the imagery. There are certain readings that it just seems to cry out to do, like when I'm working with someone toward breaking through long-established blocks and defenses that are no longer functional for them. I don't use it for readings, per se, but do use it for SoulWork.

I have not had any experiences such as you are describing.

I, of course, can't speak for you, but I do suspect that what the deck is eliciting for you is your fears. Is there something going on in your life right now that brings that more to the surface, or is the spiritual work that you are doing requiring you to face those fears? This may be a deck that for you is better at working with the Shadow aspects of your Self, which many people have difficulty facing.

ana luisa

blackstormhawk,
thank you for the feedback! So you don´t feel it´s a particularly "dangerous" deck... Hummm. When you mentioned fears, well, to be honest, of all the things I "saw", maybe the only one that truly scares me is losing a limb. I used to be quite sensitive but age gave me a comfortable numbness to face the dark side of some people and not cringe. Some decks I have are also very blunt and go deep down to the evil core but this one surely tops all others!
I´ll go on analysing the cards and see how it turns out. Thanks!

wind

Hi, ana luisa,

I've been reading with this deck a lot lately (there is a thread in Oracle readings) and although those cards can be very explicti, I don't find them dangerous at all. I guess the images are so strong that they brought something up in you...but in my experience they are quite harmless.

We can exchange readings sometimes if you want:)
take care and enjoy these beautiful cards!
love
wind

blackstormhawk

Here's a thought ...

Rather than using the cards like tarot, and pick from face down cards, turn them all face up and pick out from three to five images that you respond most strongly to, or which catch your eye ... see what they say to you when viewed as a set of cards for a reading, how they relate to each other, and whatever is of concern for you.

BrightEye

That does sound spooky, ana luisa, but maybe the cards are just bringing out this ability to see things. You probably had this ability all along and the cards only brought it to centre brain or something. I think cards are just images. It's what your brain does with them is important.

I've been meaning to get this deck but can't find any decent scans. Does anyone have a link?

BrightEye

Thanks for the link. Very odd cards!! How do you actually read with them?

ana luisa

I read mainly intuitively. The same way I read with my Voyager...

raventepes

I picked up the Dream Inspirational Cards after a couple months of hesitation, and now that I have them and have read with them, it's very much a deck to get and read with. I throughly enjoy reading with it, and honestly, I havn't even looked at the LWB. It's a PERFECT deck to read intuitively. The cards tell it how it is and don't sugarcoat anything. They're blatent and to the point. Many, MANY kudos to LS and its creators. I think this is going to be a deck that I'll be reading with for a while.