PDA

View Full Version : Detriment query

Ruby Tuesday
07-09-2007, 16:33
If Jupiter is detriment in Mercury and Mercury is detriment in Jupiter, how would these two planets view each other, taking into account they signify a couple in a relationship? (Horary)

Would appreciate your views.

willowfox
07-09-2007, 17:47
If Jupiter is detriment in Mercury and Mercury is detriment in Jupiter, how would these two planets view each other, taking into account they signify a couple in a relationship? (Horary)

Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini and Virgo

Mercury is in detriment in Sagittarius and Pisces

It would show that they are both in a weak position regarding the relationship but it would need the aspect between Jupiter and Mercury to show the true state of feelings between them. How they feel and get on with each other. Jupiter tends to show an older more mature person while mercury shows a talkative flighty one.

Ruby Tuesday
07-09-2007, 18:25
Sorry I should have explained. The significators of the couple in question are Jupiter in Sag and Mercury in Virgo.
So Jupiter is in Mercury's detriment and vice versa Mercury is in Jupiter's detriment. (Hope I'm saying that right...it's difficult to get my head round)
Would the weak position still apply Willowfox or is it as you say if there is no aspect between them then nothing to explore in that region?

willowfox
07-09-2007, 19:44
Well, if your horary question is related to the relationship between them and there is no aspect doesn't look like there is any action. Any aspect at best would only be a square, and that is not conducive to happiness. So, weak planets, weak people.

It seems you still have the planets positions wrong, where is Jupiter and where is Mercury in the chart?

If Jupiter is in Virgo then it is in detriment

If Mercury is in Sag. then it is in detriment

Jupiter is the ruler of Sag, so if it is there it is not in detriment but very strong

Mercury in Virgo is thr ruler, so if Mercury is in Virgo then it is very strong

willowfox
07-09-2007, 19:58
Sorry I should have explained. The significators of the couple in question are Jupiter in Sag and Mercury in Virgo.
So Jupiter is in Mercury's detriment and vice versa Mercury is in Jupiter's detriment. (Hope I'm saying that right...it's difficult to get my head round)
Would the weak position still apply Willowfox or is it as you say if there is no aspect between them then nothing to explore in that region?

Thinking about your question and how you have everything all jumbled up and confused, maybe you could put the chart on screen with the question. Then I would understand what you are trying to ask and could then give a direct answer.

Ruby Tuesday
07-09-2007, 21:06
I'm following Ptolemy's list of essential dignities:-

Jupiter in Sag is ruler : Ex Sth Node : Trip Sun : Term Venus : Face Moon : Detriment Mercury.

Mercury is ruler plus Ex : Trip Venus : Term Saturn : Face mercury : Detriment Jupiter.

I've obviousy said it in the wrong way. (embarrassed) :(

Obviously no aspects so nothing to be gleaned there.
Actually it wasn't a horary for a relationship, well, not directly. The querent was asking if having another baby would affect her marriage.
Do you get my drift with above tables now Willowfox?

Newbie Ruby :)

willowfox
07-09-2007, 22:25
Do you get my drift with above tables now Willowfox?

Newbie Ruby :)

I know the tables very well but what I still don't know is where the planets are in the chart, what kind of chart it was and what was the real question, was it about a child?
I am afraid I can't answer a question like that just by looking at dignities, there are lots of other things to take into consideration. Perhaps you would be better off asking the cards doing a very simple spread.

Ruby Tuesday
07-09-2007, 22:40
I know the tables very well...

Sorry Willowfox certainly didn't mean to sound patronising there which is why I ended with Newbie Ruby.
I will pm you with chart details as they are confidential, and many thanks.

willowfox
07-09-2007, 23:19
Okay, got it.

Ruby Tuesday
08-09-2007, 13:56
Thanks so much for your help Willowfox....very much appreciated! :)

willowfox
08-09-2007, 14:36
Ruby Tuesday by the Stones was a classic.