black angel cards

faunabay

I was exploring on amazon.com last night and found these. I couldn't find anywhere that had more than one or two scans, but something was telling me I had buy them.
So I did!!!! ROFL :D
I do readings for people with my Healing with the Angels and Fairys cards, and thought these would be a great addition.
If anyone else has them - let me know what you think please. And once I get mine I'll pass on my opinion. :)

faunabay

Thanks zorya!!

I could tell from the cover on amazon that they weren't going to be anything like my Healing with the Angels deck. LOL

But I love them! Thanks for the pictures. :)

faunabay

I just got them today!!!
I didn't pay any attention to the size on amazon when I ordered them -- BUT they're HUGE!!! LOL
They're about 4" by 6"
They don't come in any box - just shrinkwrapped with the book. so I'll have to find something to put them in.
After the first flip through I really like them. And I haven't even looked at hte book yet.
I'm glad I listened to my intuition and got them. :D

zorya

let us know how you like them faunabay :) i enjoyed the art and they look very empowering.

Sophie

generous Black Angels

This is a wonderfully generous set of cards. I don't know if I would describe it as an oracle so much as a work-deck for the inner journey back to self. Manuel's aim is soul-revival. As so often when someone goes on an inner quest, Manuel realised that the method she was using - drawing her soul images, writing her journey, rediscovering a crushed creativity - would help other people. Although she created Black Angels primarily for black women in the United States, I - as a white European woman - have found it inclusive & very relevant to my own inner feelings & quest. Another benefit (for me) is to make me feel closer to black women, as well as learning about how Manuel, as the granddaughter of people born in slavery, viewed the world - this, of course, is an experience I have no claim to.

The book is well-written, thoughtful & full of good ideas that can be carried over to other decks. It reads more as a self-help book than a pure oracle guide - as indeed is its aim. Manuel suggests several levels of commitment to soul-revival, which allows for different approaches to the cards.

Black Angels are different from classic angel cards - they are more about female archetypes, particularly as these archetypes play themselves out in Africa & the African diaspora: but as I said, I find them universal. I would be surprised if North & South American, Chinese, European or Maori women do not find much of themselves in those touching & thoughtful deck & book.

I have had it for 3 months, and consult it more and more. I have used it in meditation, in inner path exercises & in oracle readings, alone or as a back-up to other oracles & tarot. Here is more about it:

http://www.cpcug.org/user/janem/black_angel.html

catlin

Black Angels out of the blue

Thanks to 2 very generous ATnetties I got this wonderful deck as a surprise gift.

Ok, I am also white, but when I had my first Afro American female querent some years back, I got some thought food about the situation of coloured women and wanted to learn more about their situation and their point of view. No need to use NOVT and similar themed decks on them so I was looking for another tool and lo and behold, now I have the Black Angels kit.