Basic Astro Query?

Sinduction

Well, I'm fairly new to astrology. So far I've only learned to read my own chart and I know how the placements apply to my personality.

My problem is this. I recently put my birth info into a site that spits back all the info so I don't have to do the chart myself. Actually, I did this a while ago and just noticed this difference.

But I found something that I thought was strange.

The program gave me a list that says "Planets in the Zodiac" and listed Sun in Taurus and Moon in Pisces, etc. But then it says "Planets in the Houses" where the planets are not listed in the houses that corresponds to the sign. For example, here it puts my Moon in the 3rd house where I happen to have Aquarius.

So which is it? Is my Moon in Pisces or Aquarius? Which list am I supposed to go by?

Sorry if this is a daft question but I am entirely confused by the two different lists. :D

MCsea

I know there are much more astrologically intelligent people here on this board - but I will suggest for a start..

time - can be very important (AM PM some are 24 hour clocks and not labeled so) accuracy of the itme you put in is important....

Some astrological software have 'flaws' lets say limitations - in their time conversions (daylight saving ect) for various time zones in various years

Various astrological programs calculate you chart in different ways
Draconic - Placidius - Kock - tropocentric etc.. this will place things in difference houses and different signs

I prefer to use Geocentric Tropical Zodiac Placidus Houses, True Node...
but there are great merits to using other calculations..

MARINA

Aulruna

Hi Sinduction,

Houses can span more than one sign. You "count" the point in the zodiac (a full 360° circle) where the house starts. So it makes sense that your 3rd house is Aquarius, while your Moon, which is not a span but a precise point in your natal chart, can be located near the "end" of the house and thus in Pisces.

Hope this was understable, my English astrology vocabulary is sadly lacking ;)

tarotlyn

What does your moon in Pisces in the third house of Aquarius mean?

Here is one idea for you:

You are VERY psychic (can communicate with Spirits) and you are a very friendly person...
...you have an interest in everyone and everything and want to know what makes people tick.

More so, when you were younger...don't know your age now. The moon also indicates your
mother's traits or characteristics.

Your third house has to do with communication, writing, siblings, neighbors, etc.
So you are all over the place and conversing with everyone!

You are so compassionate and such a humanitarian! :)

If I were to run into you, say at the grocery store, we would have a great and long conversation!

My Venus and Mercury is in Aquarius with your moon!
This is just basic information...

:love: :)
successgoodhealth
(Lyn)

willowfox

Planets are placed in the signs of the zodiac, that does not change for you. Houses start with the ascendant, that would be your first house and so on around the chart. Houses show different aspects of life, such as money, travel, job, marriage etc.

So your Moon is in Pisces but your third house happens to cover Pisces, maybe your third house starts in Aquarius because the houses start at different places in a sign and some houses can cover two signs.

Don't worry about the lists, look at your chart and then you will see how the houses are arranged, they start with the first house which is also called the ascendant.

willowfox

successgoodhealth said:
What does your moon in Pisces in the third house of Aquarius mean?

This is not quite correct, it should be Moon in the third house in Pisces. Forget about Aquarius as that is probably referring to where the house begins, thats all.

Sinduction

That does makes sense. On my chart, it does show two signs in one house, overlapping. But I can clearly see the planet.

I've always wondered if that is to be read like the cusp birthdays. I say this because Success' interpretation was right on. You have no idea the conversations I have with strangers I meet everywhere! So us having a long talk in the cereal aisle would be normal behavior for me! This is weird too, I also help people in stores. Especially old people that look lost! How funny.

It makes sense, the Moon in Pisces in the third house of Aquarius. I have much more to learn it seems!

Thank you all for your input. :)

vishnukumar

Houses are divisions of space surrounding the earth. If we draw a great circle vertical to the horizon of a locality, we have two hemispheres above and below. The ascendant is the point of intersection of the ecliptic and the horizon. Taking it as the starting point the great circle is divided into 12 parts called houses. The houses above the horizon are day houses and the rest night houses.

Vedic astrogers generally consider the cusps of the houses as midpoints while westerners take them as the beginning points of houses. At any moment a planet may be in any one of the signs and in a house. The house may extend from one sign to another. In the whole sign house system, signs and houses are identical. So there will be only one list of planets' positions. In other cases, there will be two lists.

But again, there are various house systems in vogue. Because of this some times if a planet is closer to a cusp, different systems may place it in different houses.