RWS edition info???

yaraluna

I am looking for the original RWS deck but not the one with the glossy/plastic coating.

do you know which ed this is or where to get it??

thank you.

yara

Abrac

yaraluna, are you looking for The Original Rider Waite, ISBN 0880796863, or just a regular RWS?

greenbeans, did you find what you were looking for? In my ever evolving quest to learn more about the different versions of The Original Rider Waite, I have discovered that the new deck/book sets that are printed in Italy with plastic lamination have the same ISBN as the previous ones printed in Belgium. The boxes look exactly the same and everything except on the side in small letters it says "Printed in Italy." I hope you didn't order one thinking it would be printed in Belgium. If it's new it might be printed in Italy. I thought the new ones had a different ISBN but I was mistaken.

yaraluna

I don't know the ISBN.. i am looking for an original RWS deck (older??) where the cards are not laminated like the USGames has been doing recently. I just got the mini by USG and the coating is awful.

SO, i have read so far that i should find a 1970's deck that was printed in New york with a yellow box??? is that theone?

thanks
yara

Abrac

yaraluna said:
SO, i have read so far that i should find a 1970's deck that was printed in New york with a yellow box??? is that theone?
US Games just started using that sticky lamination. You find it on their decks printed in Italy. So basically, any of the US Games versions that are printed in Switzerland are good. But the vintage decks from the 70s and early 80s are especially nice. These will have a New York address for US Games on the box, but they are printed in Switzerland. Weiser also had a version in the 70s with a yellow box like US Games' that is really nice. Sometimes on eBay you see the versions by Rider in the two-piece blue box with The World on the front. These are about the same quality as the Weiser and early US Games.

Happy Hunting! :)

yaraluna

thanks.
I will check those out on ebay.

:)