Amazon Zshops ripoff

northsea

I've had great success with zshops in the past, but the last two have been horrendous. One 98% seller described set as "like new, complete" and sent only the book. They refunded without hassle though.

The other 99% seller described set as "New, BRAND NEW" ... and sent only a used book! :eek: I just emailed them, and hope they refund asap since it was alot of money. Either they're dumb or should be thrown in jail for fraud.

I used to tolerate a lower seller % on Amazon versus Ebay (95% vs. 99.9%) since the Amazon ratings are more accurate (less seller retaliation).

Papageno

I hate Amazon Z sellers for the most part.

I don't even consider them anymore unless there's no other alternative.....and even then, I prefer to wait and be more patient.

Thank God, Amazon is VERY aggressive about protecting their customers, whenever there was a problem, Amazon never hesitated to investigate the problem and reimburse me.

Red Emma

Amazon Z shops

Amazon Z Shops?

Abrac

One thing I watch out for is the number of sales the seller has had. If a seller has 100 sales and a 98% rating, then only 2 people were unsatisfied, not too bad. But if they have 3000 sales and 98% that means they have made 60 people unhappy. Makes ya wonder.

willowfox

What is a Z shop?

If I want something I have to usually deal with Ebay and its sellers, but if there is ever a problem, it always gets sorted out because I will only pay with Paypal, and they always give the customer a refund when something goes wrong which has happened in the past.

It is not only Ebay and Amazon that can give bad goods, the other day I purchased a book from abebooks and it was full of writing from a previous owner, but advertised as new.

Abrac

I'm actually starting to shy away from ABE lately. The only thing they base their ratings on is items actually returned. You can usually cross reference with Amazon though because many sellers list the same items at both places. Sometimes when you look at their feedback at Amazon it is dreadful. I've had a lot of good experiences with ABE but I've also had some pretty bad ones. Amazon definitely seems more buyer friendly.

willowfox

I would like to try Amazon but they will not do business with me because I live in a country they don't deal with.

northsea

They already initiated a refund without having to contact Amazon, yay.

FaireMaiden

Knock-on-wood, I've had very good experiences with both Amazon Marketplace (are these also called 'Z' sellers?), and with Ebay...

Out of the two places, I have only had two bad experiences with Sellers, and both those were at Ebay... The first one, PayPal issued the partial refund I was asking for, and the second one neither Ebay nor PayPal would do anything about... That really pi$$ed me off...

I paid for expedited UPS shipping, $24 dollars, and sent my residential address in both the PayPal notes AND thru the Ebay private messaging service...

Alas, this woman mailed my package thru USPS to my PO Box, (which IS stated as my Verified Address at PayPal, hence the messages to her about my residential address), for a grand total of $4.54... Yeah... I was livid... but like I said, neither Ebay nor PayPal would do anything about it... grrrrrr

Other than these two transactions, I've enjoyed shopping at these places...

ilweran

I've been lucky with both Ebay and Amazon Marketplace really, only had one problem each of them and both times it wasn't worth complaining as the value of the items were so low it wouldn't have been worth paying the postage to send them back.

I tend not to make quick judgements on the feedback unless they're doing very badly. I read the feedback and decide from that - I've seen plenty of complaints about the customers postman, about items not arriving in time for Christmas when they were ordered on 23rd Dec, and on Amazon Marketplace complaints against the p&p which is set by Amazon, not the seller.