Is an email address enough?

tarotmama

I am in the process of designing business cards because it's obvious now that this is really something I should pursue fully as I am now getting repeat clients online and finally charging and actually making a decent pay for my readings! Anyway, my cards so far are just plain black with a little card icon on the left. On the right it says "Tarot by Melissa" and my email address in white text.

I did not include a phone number because I only have a cellphone and I don't read over the phone or do emergency readings anyway. I'm not opposed to meeting someone or setting up a phone reading though. I can get a voicemail number to use for it and then call back clients but I don't want to get a separate line.

Does it make me look more professional or approachable to have a phone number? Or is an email okay?

Thanks!!
TarotMama

jmd

Having it on business cards means that you are contactable.

Personally, I don't see a problem with that given that email is fast becoming the acceptable business mode of contact, and telephone numbers becoming increasingly for private use (unless having a permanent office or shop).

I would suggest, in addition to an email address, having a basic page set up so that potential clients have an idea as to what you do and how - for example, from where do you read, approximate fees, and anything else you consider important in terms of how you wish to present yourself.

Not sure about the ATA, but here is my (simple) page on the ATS:

Grizabella

I would use a phone number for contact as well. I think it's going to bring you more business than just an email address. You can just use it to set up appointments if you don't read by phone.

shemsu sutekh

Solitaire* said:
I would use a phone number for contact as well. I think it's going to bring you more business than just an email address. You can just use it to set up appointments if you don't read by phone.

That's a good idea. You can put "appointments only" or "call for availability" or something that lets the clients know it's not a Tarot 911 hotline XD

KaiMoonshadow

shemsu sutekh said:
That's a good idea. You can put "appointments only" or "call for availability" or something that lets the clients know it's not a Tarot 911 hotline XD

Yeah, that's a good idea. I started out only putting up my email address and lost readings that way, so now I put my mobile (cell) number and my email address. I do put "appointments only" next to it though.

Sulis

I have my email address and my website address on my business card.
I don't have a phone number on my cards.

Bonnie

Biz Cards

TarotMama:

The nice thing about biz cards is that we can make them whatever we want to! :) As long as there is some form of contact - either through an Internet site, or by putting an e-mail address directly on the card, that is all you need. A potential client then does have a way to contact you.

Wishing you the best with your readings!

Blessings,
Bonnie

caridwen

I have just had some business cards made up - on them it says who I am and what I do. What kind of readings I do ie online, personal, parties etc my email address that I had set up just for readings and my phone number:)

gregory

I assume (you've not actually said... ;)) that your website address is on the cards ? In which case - email would be all I'd expect to see. But if it weren't, and there was just an e-mail I would wonder about you.... (Not the reading, just whether you were on the level, and whether your e-mail would vanish the minute I had an issue.) With a website, people can contact the hosting organisation if someone lets them down badly ! It makes them feel a bit safer if there is a site rather than just an address.

tarotmama

That's a good point Gregory. I don't have a website that I like set up yet so I was just not going to include it. I have been testing the waters at several different sites with varying degrees of success, but my biggest form of marketing has been spread through my clients to their friends, etc., and all of these people contact me via email anyway (since that is the medium I read through). And I think that a regular website would look more professional too, I suppose.

I definitely do want to grow an actual business though so I guess the cart is before the horse with regards to the business cards and website. My husband is a techie so I will just have to make him make me one now. He's got to be good for something.

lol!