Vertical Oracle

faunabay

Does anyone have this deck by Antero Alli??

I've been looking at scans lately, but don't know whether I'd be able to work with it or not. It's a very strange collage deck. I don't like it about as much as I do!! :D (shrug)

Here's a link where you can look at the cards and/or do a reading.

http://www.verticalpool.com/oracle.html

BodhiSeed

I resurrected this thread because I just ordered the Vertical Oracle and wondered if anyone else here had used it.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/vertical-oracle/
I'm a bit like faunabay... a part of me really likes this deck, and a part of me is just not sure about it. I do like that the collages done on each card are simplistic rather than so busy.

Bodhran

6 Haunted Days

I got this set a few days ago, I believe it's the 1st printing (books says 1997)....looks handmade, comes in a VCR container/box....weird! The cards have a brown stretchy bow with the word Vertical on it to hold them together, and the small booklet was signed by the artist and author. The cards look very artsy and like someone made each set by hand?

I was having a crisis at the time, emotionally in a bad way, so I shuffled and drew a card. Got the control freak! Was very very fitting and the books interpertation was quite apt.

Interesting set here I think.

faunabay

hmmm....
I never did order this deck. And now looking at it again I don't think I would like it now. It was one of those decks that drew me at the same time it repelled me. (shrug)
I'll be curious to see what you both think after working with it longer.

BodhiSeed

I really like this deck - not so much because it is asethetically pleasing but because it gives blunt, straight to the point readings!

Bodhran

6 Haunted Days

bodhran said:
I really like this deck - not so much because it is asethetically pleasing but because it gives blunt, straight to the point readings!

Bodhran

You know I've used this deck about 10 more times since I last posted about it.

The images don't move me much....many of them are ugly! But, every single time I've used this deck....I've had some heavy, serious questions/concerns and this little unknown kinda ugly deck has given me mind-blowing accurate assesments and eerie spot on advice.....

I'm really at a loss, as I don't like this deck so much....but the readings. Wow :bugeyed: They in a way creeped me out and made me extremely curious about this decks ability to give me such awesome feedback and advice.

Either way...while this won't ever be an oracle I ooo and ahhh over the cards and love them to death, this is obviously a powerhouse oracle for me, and I just happened on it by complete chance!

GenoviaJ

Thanks for posting this. I tried the oracle and love the readings, the cards...sort of like grunge city- way too industrial and grimey looking for me. But the cards meanings are awesome.

Furnacechant

Looks quite interesting from the AT profile on it. Pity the site doesn't seem to be working.

faunabay

Furnacechant said:
Looks quite interesting from the AT profile on it. Pity the site doesn't seem to be working.
I'd say try again FC. :) It seems to be working now. Maybe it was one of those weird computer glitches. :laugh:

.traveller.

I love the look of this deck. I even find it... pretty. Except for the card with the bald guy wearing the eyeliner, that one is a bit creepy. I'm too lazy to get up and actually identify which card that would be.

What's not to like about an oracle that will come right out and say "I don't know".