PDA

View Full Version : Password Troubles

celticnoodle
19-09-2007, 23:54
Again this morning, I had troubles with the A.T. site accepting my password. I've had this problem inthe past, and for some reason, even though I know for a fact that the password that I typed in is correct, A.T. site doesn't accept it. This is frustrating.

It has happened again to me today, 3 times. After 5 attempts you will be logged out for 15minutes. I did try the 4th time, and then it accepted it. On the 2nd and 3rd time, I deliberately typed with one finger, one letter at a time, to be sure it was being entered into your system correctly.

Is there any rhyme or reason to this? Can you recommend something that will make it easier, so as to not have to go through this? Is there a bug in the AT software? Not really complaining, I just get frustrated going through this every few months. Is there anyone else out there who seems to have the same troubles?

zannamarie
20-09-2007, 01:08
The only time I've ever had a problem with the password (other than mistyping and putting in the wrong one :rolleyes:) was when I had cap lock on and didn't realize it.

Since the problem happens to you on a regular, sporatic basis, I wonder if it has something to do with your ISP connection. Maybe in the passage of data going to the different servers something is getting chopped off.

Just a thought. There are a lot of variables between your computer and it's browswer, your ISP's server, and the AT server in Oz.

Alta
20-09-2007, 03:50
Is it possible to just stayed logged on? That assumes you don't have to share the computer of course...

celticnoodle
20-09-2007, 06:05
The only time I've ever had a problem with the password (other than mistyping and putting in the wrong one :rolleyes:) was when I had cap lock on and didn't realize it.

Since the problem happens to you on a regular, sporatic basis, I wonder if it has something to do with your ISP connection. Maybe in the passage of data going to the different servers something is getting chopped off.

Just a thought. There are a lot of variables between your computer and it's browswer, your ISP's server, and the AT server in Oz.No, my cap lock was not on, I immediately looked for that. but, i never thought of the ISP connection, and I would bet that is it! Thanks for the thought. It's more frustrating then anything else, but now that I think it could be the ISP connection, well, not much to do about that, but to continue to try to be patient and keep my fingers crossed that it works! :laugh: thanks for the thought.

celticnoodle
20-09-2007, 06:08
Is it possible to just stayed logged on? That assumes you don't have to share the computer of course...yes, of course it is possible, however, I have many people in & out of my home on a fairly regular basis, and so, I don't like to leave myself logged into here, in case someone borrows my computer and accesses it. I've had one family member do that once, not a real big deal, but it happened, and a small problem erupted as a result. so, now, i am in the habit of always logging out---completely!