The Runes of Elfland?

pickled pixie

Hi Peeps :)
Hope someone can help, I've bee thinking about getting this, I've read somewhere that this can be used as an oracle much like TFO, Is this so? and If so how?
Not sure if I should have posted this here but thought if anyones gonna know these people will ;)

love pp xxx

Jewel

The Runes of Elfland is a book not a deck. And you are right if anyone would know it is probably us *LOL*. There has been talk of an actual deck being created, but nothing concrete or if it will even happen.

pickled pixie

Thanks for the reply jewel :)

It says on the Froud sight that the book can be used as an oracle...thought you might have to use it with actual runes, guess I've got the wrong end of the stick then!...will buy the book anyway :)

pp xxx

greenbeans

aargh!

I got so excited when I saw the title of this thread-you tricked me! lol.

no cards yet, but I'll be first to order them if/when they are created.

I believe some people make their own runes and use the book meanings.

the book is gorgeous by the way.

pickled pixie

LOL Sorry greenbeans!! :D

Are they not the same as normal runes then? (Sorry don't know anything about runes but always been intrigued)

Wonder why it says it's an oracle then :confused:

pp xxx

Lillie

I just had a quick look.

As far as I can tell the runes are the normal Futhark.

I imagine the book could be used in conjunction with a normal set of runes, or rune cards.

Make your own.
It's fun to do.

Little Hare

when i first heard of this i was like weeeee! alright a deck that i can connect too, and then i saw it was a book *droops head* it looks lovley but i would like a deck... i can see the cards now in my head.. nice big and sqaure ones :D

Lillie

You could get the book and scan the pictures and print them out and make your own cards....

Just for your own use, of course.

pickled pixie

Ah thanks for that Lillie :thumbsup: Always fancied a set of Runes :D

I REALLY wish they were cards too peace pixie :(
Come on Mr froud....Pleeeeeaaaase pleeeeeaase make this a set of cards :beggingsmilie:
pp xxx

shadowdancer

I did have this book at one time but traded it away.

I have runes which I use, and found the Runes of Elfland book could be used as an accompanying reference for those who use runes.
I think the positive aspect was the fact it portrayed the meaning through a story for each of the runes.

For those who are aware of Froud's work this is more serious than some. (e.g. Goblins! - heck I loved that book)