Just needed some encouragement....

Heavensent

Hello all!

This is my first time posting in this particular forum/thread:). Anyway, I've been wrestling with giving up Tarot though I love it so much. Fortunately for me, I have a friend here who has given me encouragement which has helped A LOT. I guess I'm trying to figure out if Tarot has really worked/helped someone.

For instance, I read for someone and they say "oh yes, that is spot on" but is it really? Or I get a reading from someone and I think "yes, this is accurate" but then nope, nada. I guess I'm just confused:confused::rolleyes: which you can tell by my statements:).

All of this to say...
If any of you wouldn't mind, do you have any stories about how Tarot has helped or a reading that shocked or have changed your life? Thank you all for the encouraging stories in advance:)!

starrystarrynight

To hear it from some of the feedback I've gotten from readings, I have:

1. "Stopped" someone from spending all her savings on someone she met online whom she thought she loved, but it turned out he was involved with someone else and was just conning her for her money.

2. "Made" someone else realize that getting a second medical opinion on her daughter's health was worth its weight in gold. (No, I don't do medical readings, I merely saw that she had and should utilize her choice here.)

3. "Started" someone looking at himself in a very different way in order to finally get into a healthy relationship.

etc., etc., etc.

But, you know. I really did none of those things. I only read the cards and let the seekers know what I thought the spreads meant.

It was the seekers who empowered themselves to do the things they did.

All you can do is read the cards and hope the seeker takes something helpful away from the reading. If you have received positive feedback, then likely, your seekers have been helped.

You can't live their lives for them. But you can help them to choose their paths wisely. You're doing that, Heavensent. Even if you are 100% "off" on your reading...if you help someone to see something he hasn't seen before that may guide him in his life choices, then you are making a difference. I think that's all you can hope for.

celticnoodle

okay, Tamesha. Where to begin, because I have had many wonderful tarot readings, and a few not so good.

1. I recall one reading, before I met my husband. The reader told me that I would meet a man, blonde hair, green eyes with the initials, (& she gave all 3 intials in the right order!), who worked w/numbers and carried a briefcase to work. well educated, well, you get the idea--she went on & on & on... told me I was going to meet him in a 2 and it was going to be a great loving relationship & within a few months become engaged then married before the end of the year. and then the funniest part---I was going to meet him in a BAR!

oh, how I laughed at all this! I was the one who always stated how I believed in long engagements, so you could really get to know each other, blah, blah, blah. I also ALWAYS stated, I would NEVER marry someone I met in a bar! Well, I met him in a 2, became engaged shortly after and married him before the end of the year, and I MET HIM IN A BAR! :D

2. A tarot reader also correctly read that I was pregnant w/my daughter and told me everything that would occur in my pregnancy & her early childhood, including the sex of my baby. EXACTLY as it turned out---many months later!

3. A tarot reader told me I was going to find a family member who has been long lost to our family, reunite with him and be so happy to do so. Told me further that as a result of this relationship, he would try to leave me his estate, but that something would go wrong in the legalities of it all, and other family members would end up with his estate, much to my shock & surprise. ALL TRUE---EXACTLY!

I could go on forever with more stories like these, (everyone here knows my posts tend to be a bit long :rolleyes:), but you get the idea. Now, if YOU REALLY want me to go on.......:laugh: okay, one more example! :rolleyes:

Here on A.T., by you-yourself, I had a reading regarding a job I was going to apply for. You mentioned quite a few true facts, and you also predicted a few things which all turned out to be true! Some things that we would never had expected to come about. REMEMBER?? Then, recently, a 2nd reading you did for me regarding the remodeling of my kitchen. And, I've had many other great tarot readings here from other members as well..........do I have to continue???? [everyone begs, 'please no!!!!'] :laugh:

edited to add: BRAVO STARRY! Well said!

Heavensent

Thank you sooo much starrystarrynight and celticnoodle!! You both have helped me a great deal so far with those examples. I really think its encouraging because it just wasn't one incident it was several between the two of you:D! Thanks again so much. You don't know what this means to me:).

Pao

Tamesha! i never knew your name thats pretty :D

I think we all go through those times where we doubt our abilities or the cards. I too havent offered readings so far in the tarot section because Im afraid of being wrong and giving the wrong advice. this past weekend i hd to read for my friends mom (who keeps me there for 4 hrs each time) and i saw some not so wonderful things but i just asked if i was seeing things correctly because i could be wrong i am after all human but she said "your cards are always right Paola so just keep going, they always come out true" which made me happy yet sad because i saw "bad" things.

Also i remember going to a reader about 3 or 4 yrs ago when i was still in love with my hs sweetheart and the reader told me "you will suffer a great deal and cry a lot, he is not the one for you and will keep coming and going but in all this you will discover something more" she went to say some things about work. i remember sitting there huffing and puffing thinking uh huh you're wrong you weirdo but guess what 2 years later all she said came true.

so now even if your readings seem to be off who knows the timing of when they will come true, maybe tomorrow maybe 3 yrs from now or maybe never. but i think with each reading we learn a bit more and a lightbull kinda turns one a bit brighter each time. @ least for me :D

hope it helps i never had a reading from you but im sure you do great judging by others here :D

Baroli

I have recurrent dreams. Had them all my life,....never knew what they were. Never occured to me that someone God, the Universe, spirit, was trying to tell me something. So, I have recurrent dreams.

This one in particular started happening about 2-3 years (yes, years!) before I joined AT. Now mind you, I had played with the Tarot on and off since I was 16, did my first public readings in the Student Union at college, etc. Then I got religion!! *Baroli chuckles* Threw all my decks out (all 2 of them), as they were "works of the Devil". Sheesh! So unenlightened I was. I had forgotten what a RW looked like, much let alone know what the symbology was about. I knew I was unhappy in my church ways. (Folks, not putting down the church, just its ignorance of things spiritual).

Oh yeah, the dream. That's when it started. This stupid, stinking, dream, driving me nuts once a month, a week, and finally until I got the message, every night!! It was always the same thing. Justice, and Temperance would appear. What the hell was that?? Justice and Temperance. After a while, when it was nightly, I would get up in a cold sweat and walk around my place just to calm down. One night and it was on a full moon I got up, looked out the window and screamed, 'WHAT DO YOU WANT???' I figured that was better than being frustrated, lol. I went back to sleep and Spirit told me in a dream what the cards meant. The dream changed. A decision needed to be made in my life to balance me, to bring my life back into a balance. Both cards were in my dream the right color and the right cards for me. I woke up and realized they were Tarot cards and that I haven't touched them in years. Well, I threw out my decks, so I searched until I found a set of RW. Slowly after reading through a book of meanings with reversals, I began to read, just for myself. But that wasn't enough. I began reading books on all sorts of subjects mainly with the emphasis of serving people. I knew after I finished one book that I wanted to use this "spiritual gift" to help others. Another dream and another card. The Sun.

Once I found this site, it was no looking back, no regrets. I got back into reading for others, and I have, I think helped some people with putting balance back into their lives as well.

Baroli :D

Sinduction

I went to see this psychic/tarot reader a few years ago. He said I was going to meet some guy, marry him and then have a daughter all in 2 years! Anyone that knows me knows that I would never marry a guy I'd only known for 2 years. I've never been keen on marriage anyway. Anyway, I went on to ask him about my mystery husband and he went into a lot of detail about his personality and character. I remember him specifically saying, "He will be all that you want him to be." I thought yeah right! That man does not exist. So I wrote the psychic off as a quack and went about my life.

And then... I met my current fiance. You can imagine my surprise to find a man so perfect for me that sometimes I think I dreamt him into being. He asked me to marry him after only a month and a half of our first meeting. I surprised myself by accepting!

The only thing that bothers me now is that I've still got some time to get preggers with that daughter that I don't want to have!! While the psychic wasn't completely right about the timing, as our wedding has been moved back, he was right about the man I found.

I've often wondered if my life would have turned out this way if I had never had that reading. Perhaps I was more open to it because of what he said. But when I met my fiance I had completely forgotten about the reading.

Anyway, that's the story of who helped me.

As for how I help others... most of that comes from the afterlife communication readings I do in the exchange. It makes me feel good to make the connection with the deceased and pass the messages on to the living. I can't say how much it helps them but I do know there is a very powerful emotional release that happens quite frequently with those readings. My wait list for those readings is still a mile long so I like to think I'm helping. :)

Vadella

Tarot Changed My life.

It allowed me to pin point all of my problems. It has allowed me to change skeptics into believers... and ones who come back more than the ones who believed all along.

-I told my father (of whom used to be quite skeptical, even yelled at me for giving him a one-carder recently as he wanted a larger reading :laugh:) that he was going to go into a deep depression and needed to seek help immediately, also he needed to not go near his parents as they were causing all of this. He isn't one to go to the doctors... let alone for something like emotional problems. He doesn't even like to admit to them. He also thought it was ballsy of me to tell him not to go near my grandparents anymore. But when he finally went to the doctors after hitting rock bottom, he was placed on medicine and told by that doctor not to go near his parents. I rest my case.

There are plenty more examples.

xx
Vad

franniee

Heavensent! :heart:

I have some of the same stories that were posted already so I won't bore you with them since they are really in the same vein.

But I've been in a funk lately :( and today I drew cards in a cross spread Sulis recommended .... I was merely trying the spread out but the cards drawn for me were so DEAD on! I had to laugh when I turned each one over! Basically they said "Silly rabbit stop your fussing all is well and will be well." That was calming to me.

I don't use the cards to read for myself. I have never really done that. I read for others, sometimes I will play with a spread and draw cards. Also sometimes when I am having a tough time I will pull a card for a little guidance - to me that is soothing. That and a glass of wine :laugh: I don't rely on my cards in that way. They do not rule my life. I have never done that with readings I have received either - I made note of the reading and went on with my life but that is me! It bothers me when people live and die by the cards - I believe they give guidance but not absolutes. Of course these are my beliefs and everyone is different. :heart:

I could never give up my cards....but I have taken breaks. I don't think I made a concscious effort to have a break, it was more like life got in the way.

Maybe you just need a little break..... :love:
f

or maybe you want to try something different - like only reading for others, or playing games with the cards....like trying to guess what will happen on a show or playing mystery person :D or something that is different. just a few thoughts. :)

XOXOXOX
f

BodhiSeed

Hi Heavensent,
I work with women in recovery (alcoholism and addiction) and I can't tell you how many times one of them has come to me, upset, feeling that life wasn't worth living, but had no clue as to the source of her discontent. We would do a three card reading (no particular spread) and I would have her talk to me about what she saw in the pictures of the cards. We would then talk about the more tradtional meanings of the cards, which always seemed to mesh with her meanings. The cards always seemed to help bring out what was at the root of her distress, so a plan toward a solution could be worked out. The cards have been a wonderful tool in working with these women!

Bodhran