Tarot reading families for TV Show

Solandia

I received an email this week from the producer of the American reality TV Show, "Wife Swap". They're looking for a tarot reading family to be in an upcoming episode...

We are currently casting for our fourth season and I am looking for a family with an ability to read tarot cards.

If you are unfamiliar with the show, the premise of Wife Swap is to take two different families and have the moms switch place to experience how another family lives. Half of the week, mom lives the life of the family she is staying with. She then introduces a “rule change” where she implements rules and activities that her family has. This is meant to be a positive experience for people to not only learn but teach about other families and other ways of life.

Families must consist of two parents and at least one child between 6 and 17.

Families featured in an episode receive a $20,000 honorarium.

If anyone living in the USA wants to take the chance of being on the show, send me a PM and I'll forward on your details to the producer. :)

~ Solandia

Seafra

I just had to lift my jaw off my desk. This is the most freaky show I have ever watched - and I've only lasted through two about 2 years ago or more. This program is like a car wreck you can't peel your eyes away from. Perhaps I was lucky *eyeroll* but the 2 I saw ended with fists being thrown. It's a simple premise, so I'm sure the tarot family would be hooked up with an unenlightened one and stake-burning would be scheduled at both houses at sundown on the third day.

Um, could you keep us informed if you find out when it's going to be on TV?? This one I'd watch hehe Blessings - Sea

Grizabella

$20,000 is almost as much as I get in 2 years! Not peanuts, in my book. :p

My bet is they'll park the tarot reader in a Christian family who thinks tarot reading is from the Devil. How else would they add drama to their show?

Alta

Solitaire* said:
My bet is they'll park the tarot reader in a Christian family who thinks tarot reading is from the Devil. How else would they add drama to their show?
No bet. I saw one where a family who hunted and ate a steady diet of mostly meat swapped with a family that wasn't just vegan, they were also 'raw food' people.

This show likes extremes. Heck, go for the $20k, that's a nice sum, but don't think there won't be drama. I would also say serious Fundamentalists for the 'other' family.

Marion

Grizabella

I'm not going for it! ROFL I was born into one of those families! :bugeyed: Not for a million bucks, baby! :rolleyes:

Not that I don't love my family mind you, but I'm a combat veteran already.

Sphinxmoth

keep in mind if you agree to have a television crew setting up and
working in your house for any length of time, your home is going to
get ripped to shreds. I mean seriously, really trashed.

might cost you 20 grand just to put it back together.

on the other hand, if it needed renovating to begin with, that might
not be a bad thing.

Tarotphelia

I wonder if they get to just spend the money any way they want , or if the other family gets to decide how it's spent ? That might be the other spouse exchange show though , I don't know .

I hope whomever comes forward to put their head on the block is really strong , and is not going to make tarot readers look like a bunch of wacky satanic hallucinators or airheaded luv n light fairy princesses . But you know who they usually pick for those shows .

Gosh- I wonder if that screeching God-warrior woman from Lousiana is coming back again for another round on the other side of the equation. ( She's done it twice now . ) Anybody considering going on one of those shows should watch one of the video clips of her on the internet .

I also hope whomever decides to do this cleans their house too , if need be. (eek) Put the pet rats out , snarf up the animal hair carpet, empty the garbage , get those piles of laundry done , hose down the family before you go , and get the bugs out of the fridge for godsake.

Julien

It would be kind of entertaining if the tarot family managed to convince Fundamentalist Mom that she can't live without, say, one of the Fairy decks, or -- the Thoth deck or one of its knock-offs...

Julien

.traveller.

$20K is not nearly enough to put up with garbage like that. What sort of "rule change" would a tarot mom impose? Thou shalt do daily draws?

Seafra

.traveller. said:
What sort of "rule change" would a tarot mom impose? Thou shalt do daily draws?
Great observation! Or eventually reaching the end of her rope, fairly barking at some lamentably unenlightened being, "But what do you think the Empress is trying to TELL you?!? What do you SEE??!?? Oh, for ... JUST WRITE 25 WORDS IN YOUR DAMN JOURNAL, WILL YA?