My first paid gig YAY !!!

nicky

Saturday night was the big debut...my first paid party event.

I learned alot...not just about the dynamics of money and setup etc.

It was fabulous when someone is nodding furiously with you ... very nice to have the feedback. What was hard was the reading I did for one of the girls who's dad is very ill... the cards were dire, the feeling upon looking at the overall spread was grim, and a bachelorette party is no place to get real 'serious'. I was as positive as i could be, but I have to learn how to handle this.
Had this been a one on one long time client we could have explored some other aspects of what she asked and what I was seeing, but this was hard.

There seemed to be an even split of people who knew what they wanted to ask and those who had no question but at 5 minutes before the end of the reading suddenly had tons to ask.

I trust each time I will get better at this :)

PS- I have read countless times for friends, family, and coworkers etc. This really is DIFFERENT.

Little Hare

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :party: Wooooohooooo!
xoxoxoxoxo

Michelle

Yay Nicky !!!!

Congratulations on going Pro!!

satinangel

WAHOO!!! Way to go! Love to hear stories like this!

Faeryreader

Congratulations! I'm glad it was successful for you. It's always hard when you have to give serious information to people, and at a party it's even more difficult. But that's part of the job, and they're surrounded by friends, so they're getting the good energy they need to deal with difficult times. Having a box of tissues at hand is always a good idea whenever you give readings.

franniee

nicky said:
Saturday night was the big debut...my first paid party event.

I learned alot...not just about the dynamics of money and setup etc.

YIPPEEE NICKY!!!! Congratulations!!! Wonderful!!! :party:

nicky said:
IWhat was hard was the reading I did for one of the girls who's dad is very ill... the cards were dire, the feeling upon looking at the overall spread was grim, and a bachelorette party is no place to get real 'serious'. I was as positive as i could be, but I have to learn how to handle this. Had this been a one on one long time client we could have explored some other aspects of what she asked and what I was seeing, but this was hard.

I remember a very tough reading once, I was the querrent. The woman only spoke Hebrew - I am not even jewish. :laugh: I had a friend with me who spoke fluently - anyway she read a deck of playing cards - I had never seen that - BUT I understood everything she said to me (without the translation) and when she got to the tough part she just looked at me and remained. My friend querried her but I told her to leave it be that I didn't need a translation - I knew. Your girl knew too. :)

But back to you! Wonderful YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Aunia Kahn

That is really fantastic. I am looking forward to doing this in the future. I am really actually terrified to do a paid reading let alone a professional type of one. I do them mosty for myself and for close people, but I want to do them for perfect strangers and get the same feeling you got when you said:

It was fabulous when someone is nodding furiously with you ... very nice to have the feedback.

Miren

Congrats! :) :party:

I'd be too nervous to have a reader at my bachelorette party--if the cards weren't good...well I'm sure it was fun for everyone else, it certainly sounds like you had a good time. :D

HearthCricket

nicky said:
Saturday night was the big debut...my first paid party event...

PS- I have read countless times for friends, family, and coworkers etc. This really is DIFFERENT.

Yes, it is very different and I applaud you for admitting to that fact! It is much more comfortable and settling to read for people you know and maybe can even fill in the picture because of what you do know about them and various situations in their life. It becomes almost a crutch you need to be careful not to lean on. But when a complete stranger approaches you and you have no idea what to expect and are aware that you are offering them a service they have paid for, not to mention they are watching your every move, things change dramatically. From now on, each professional reading you do will be a great learning experience for you. Enjoy the ride! :)

tabi

Make you feel damn proud of yourself when you get paid for doing something that you love and being so good at it. Unfortunately there are times when you really wished you weren't "quite" so good. (not really but you at least wished the cards turned up something different)

CONGRATS and I seriously hope this isn't going to be the last one for you, but bast in it's glow for a while...:D