Fraud and angry

Pollianna

HI peeps. This is my first thread and i'm having a moan. I hope I am not repeating myself and that it's already been covered but it's something I have been following for several months now. I'll enlighten you. I often surf as you do and came across "Jenna - Your Professional Astrologer" she was offering a free reading etc... so I sent my details and a couple of days later got my reading which seemed really impressive with loads of details. Of course she then went on to ask for money so she could tell me how to achieve this that and the other... bla bla bla (the hard sell). So I did some research on her and found she was a terrible con. Getting people to part with their hard earned cash for absolutely nothing. Well I thought she will be shut down soon as people were reporting it but no....... she is still operating. As an experiment I sent different details to her again for a free reading (5 months later)and hey presto! the same reading she gave me over 5 months ago appeared, saying the same old thing. In 72 days bla bla bla.... I got so mad. Many people who take part in these are usually vunerable or searching for something. Plus it gives the genuine readers a bad name, making us all look like con men(women). Also I knew she was a con and knew over 5 or 6 months ago but she is still operating. How can this be stopped?? I thought her site would have been stopped or closed down. I know that it has been reported. Where is the protection? I have read some people who were trying to stop others from making the same mistake and bravely posted warnings and others responded with spiteful remarks like "well you deserved to be ripped off if you were stupid enough to believe in that rubbish" I was appalled. These poor people were just ripped off and made to look silly and there seems to be no-one on their side looking out for them.

Oh dear I did go on a bit didn't I ...... sorry but I hate to see anyone been taken for a ride. I'll shut up now i've had a rant. lol

Skysteel

Pollianna said:
I often surf as you do and came across "Jenna - Your Professional Astrologer" she was offering a free reading etc... so I sent my details and a couple of days later got my reading which seemed really impressive with loads of details. Of course she then went on to ask for money so she could tell me how to achieve this that and the other... bla bla bla (the hard sell). So I did some research on her and found she was a terrible con. Getting people to part with their hard earned cash for absolutely nothing.

Do you mean 'absolutely nothing' literally?

Pollianna

Yep ..... nothing .... nought...... not a word. You are just kept waiting for ever and a day without another reply. Her first response or "free reading" is a mailmerge type document which is very cleverly written, to get you to part with your doe and then after you have paid you get nothing. However if you do not pay (as I didn't as I did it as an experiment just to see what happened) then you will continue to get emails to convince you to buy her report. I found someone else thinking the same way as me and he actually posted her emails on the net and guess what? they were the same as what I had received. Not nice is it really. She is charging anything around $40 to $60 per report. Imagine if just 150 people parted with their money at $60. That equals $9000. Easyyyyyyyyyy money but at a cost to others, and very degrading.

Demon Goddess

Sometimes having no scruples pays.

Rant away love... It is people like that who give Tarot a bad name.

Remember the words of the Dalai Lama... what goes around comes around... if not in this time, then in the next.

Dig deep for empathy, this might have been you or I in a previous life.

with love,

T

Neely75

I've had the free readings done by both of these women.

Polliana, did you only get the original reply? Because I was getting another email every couple of days for a few months. Of course, the lucky dates kept changing with every email.

I was promised that she'd give me all the secrets, if I payed! :rolleyes:

willowfox

sweet_intuition said:
Had a friend experience the same thing with Sara Freder.

Wow, that Sara Freder is a sticky one, just put a block on her emails, problem solved.

The trouble with the internet is, is that it is up to the buyer/seeker to beware. If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is a con. So don't be angry just be sharp and avoid these people.

Pollianna

No Neely I got the original and then bambarded with *&^% reponses just to try and get me to part with my money. The one email actually said "I have spend ages on your report bla bla bla" trying for the emotional blackmail approach,

I know you should beware and I was just doing research, but the more I did the more I came across poor soles that this thing had ripped off. Like I said easy money with no conscience. Too easy to rip the honest folk off while they get up and work hard for their living.............. oooooooooo i'm off again lol...

ravenest

I find there are HEAPS of frauds a less subtler than this. Numerous times I have seen someones Astrology Chart and analysis done for them which is just printed off a computer programme (i.e. the computer has done the analysis and the interpretation) and the person has been charged up to $60 for it.

willowfox

What can you do about it, well you now know that there are plenty of of people ready and willing to take your money, so you don't fall in anyone's trap.
How can you help others, to be quite honest you can't because the vast majority of people who get taken never do any research, never check on any sites on the internet about fraud, they are first time buyers mostly who think the internet is a nice, friendly and honest place in which to do their shopping. The internet is like a bear trap for the unwary, all you can do is be aware and always pay with Paypal because if you don't receive what you have paid for, you can get Paypal to refund the full amount.