Question about Crystal Balls

Waterfaery

I bought one years ago and have been trying to learn to use it, but so far nothing. There are very few books out there on how to train yourself to use them, and I don't know whether my vision is playing a part in that or not (I have to wear glasses and have no peripheral vision in my right eye). Does your vision affect it at all? Are there any particular ways that some people have found eaiser to learn this? And which types of crystal balls are best for this (the one I bought is actually leaded glass, so that may have something to do with it, I don't know.) Any help and comments welcome and appreciated! Thanks in advance. Blessings!

Waterfaery

Thanks, Marion! Considering what all I asked, I wasn't sure exactly where to post it. But thank you for answering and for the links.

MCsea

Waterfaery said:
I bought one years ago and have been trying to learn to use it, but so far nothing. There are very few books out there on how to train yourself to use them, and I don't know whether my vision is playing a part in that or not (I have to wear glasses and have no peripheral vision in my right eye). Does your vision affect it at all? Are there any particular ways that some people have found eaiser to learn this? And which types of crystal balls are best for this (the one I bought is actually leaded glass, so that may have something to do with it, I don't know.) Any help and comments welcome and appreciated! Thanks in advance. Blessings!

You may be mindful of your 'short comings' with your eyesight
I hold a crystal ball and close my eyes to read sometimes... it may be a starting point for you?

Waterfaery

MCsea said:
You may be mindful of your 'short comings' with your eyesight
I hold a crystal ball and close my eyes to read sometimes... it may be a starting point for you?

Good point, hadn't thought of that. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks! :)

thinbuddha

I doubt if poor vision with your physical eyes has anything to do with you not being able to see something. My crystal ball scrying has only been successful when my eyes were not in focus anyway.

stella01904

I'm so nearsighted I'm probably legally blind without my glasses, but I always take them off. They're distracting. So, bad eyes are no problem.

The main thing is practice. Very dim light, no reflections in the ball. Fifteen or twenty minutes a night until you get results. Do not be discouraged! Some people get results quickly, others take months. Just persevere.

Best books on the subject:
Crystal-Gazing by Theodore Besterman
Crystal Vision Through Crystal Gazing by Frater Achad
Crystal Gazing and Clairvoyance by John Melville

You may notice that all of these were written about 100 years ago! All the contemporary works I have seen on the subject are at best plaigarisations of these, or worse yet, BS like Ted Andrews Crystal Balls and Crystal Bowls. There is actually a thread here someplace where someone mentions ruining a pricey sphere using his "cleansing" methods. Zolar's Encyclopedia of Ancient and Forbidden Knowledge gives step-by-step instructions for getting results, and they work - because they were plaigarised almost word-for-word from the Melville book! Zolar also has some VERY racist and ignorant things to say about
what he refers to as "dreamy orientals" and "the tyranny of the Talai (sic) Lama." So, stick with the classics. :smoker:

Speaking of the Dalai Lama, his Freedom In Exile mentions Regent Rinpoche successfully scrying in the sacred vision lake Lhamo Lhatso in order to locate his new incarnation, and also the Tibetan art of Ta, gazing in a polished silver mirror. Much nicer than the Zolar book. :)

You might also be interested in F.W.H. Myers Human Personality and It's Survival of Bodily Death, for crystal gazing anecdotes as well as some other very interesting accounts.

Enjoy! And let us know if you have any more questions.

stella01904

Waterfaery said:
And which types of crystal balls are best for this (the one I bought is actually leaded glass, so that may have something to do with it, I don't know.) Any help and comments welcome and appreciated! Thanks in advance. Blessings!
Leaded glass is wonderful. Just wanted to mention that. ;)

How big is it?

Waterfaery

Thanks for the book list. Will definitely be looking for those.

My crystal is 105mm diameter. It's really beautiful. Most of the reference materials I've found thus far keep saying to look into the striations or bubbles. Mine doesn't have any of that. Just a completely clear ball.