Rider Waite in a particular movie

Little Hare

Okay,

I've searched here and on tarototes.com movie section and couldn't find anything, so i thought i'd ask here. I've just finished watching the movie 'The haunted mansion' and at the beginning for all of those who watched it, would know there were Rider Waite tarot cards....

I loved the back of these cards (red and white with what looked like stars and other shapes) and the colour of the border, which appeared to be a gold type colour

anyone know if this edition has been actually printed or if the backs were just chucked in for the movie?

Thanks

Sorry for asking such a mundane question, but i just have to know :p

Grigori

Oooh, I was watching this on TV tonight too. I missed the start, so didn't see the deck up close, but sounds like the same one that had cards spinning through the air when Eddie Murphy met the gypsy. The only card I got a glimpse of was the 9 or Swords, which confirmed a RWS. The backs didn't match any deck I've seen and I had assumed since it was a computer generated sequence, they made the backs up.

http://home.comcast.net/~vilex/Cardbacks.html

Little Hare

Thanks for that... The backs were so cool :D ahhhh well

Tarotwytch

Hi,
After reading this post I dug out the DVD and watched the beginning opening credits and the cards shown are definitely Rider-Waite although the colouring is different and the backs are different as already mentioned.