fulgurite

New River

does anyone out there have a fulgerite? what uses do you find for it?

i read a few years ago that the fulgerite was precious to those who had the gift of making rain.

a fulgerite is a tube formed in the sand when lightning strikes it. the intense heat fuses the sand into a fragile glass type substance.

i began a search for one about 4 yrs. ago and finally a friend found one in a small shop in texas. she sent it to me carefully wrapped and padded in it's own little wooden casket. when i saw it for the first time i gasped because it's shape exactly resembled the zig zag of lightning.

it has been told that one of my ancestors was a rain maker. i feel that i have this ability too. on the two occasions i have made use of the fulgerite for this purpose, rain came within hours of removing the fulgerite from it's resting box. i feel this must be used with the deepest respect and only in dire circumstances.

but it got me to wondering if anyone else out there is aware of this.

love and blessings,
New River

Phoenix

Wow! That sounds amazing! I would love a piece of that, as I have that gift too...infact, I have the gift to influence any weather pattern.

I wonder if regualr quartz would work, as that is pretty much what sand is...have you used regualr quarts for this before???

New River

Hi Phoenix,

i'm thinking why wouldn't quartz work? actually what i'm really thinking is that a person who has this ability probably doesn't need special tools in order to do it. :)

but the old shaman in me recognizes the potency in tools such as this for focusing the intent. i got some of my information from the Cherokee ancestory in my family. legend goes that there was a famous cherokee rain maker called red feather. the only tool i can remember that he used was a moss agate bowl. i have one of those too. it's only used in ceremony.

i find i affect all weather patterns too. even when i don't mean to. i have to ask you this. do you ever go outside when a storm is coming only to have it break up and go around you? i love storms and love going out in them. but after having this happen countless times i learned to stay inside until the storm arrived or i would chase it away! :(

as i respect the awesome power of storm maker i usually take what we get. i know that misusing this ability could wreak some havoc!

why don't you try using the quartz and see how it goes? maybe ask it's permission first.

love and blessings,
New River

paradoxx

I have several diamond cubes of flourite (rather inexpensive too), they can vary in color and size, the darkest color looks black, although if enough bright light is applied you actually see it as a very royal indigo or purple. clear, green, and yellow are also available and the fractures that are sometimes unavoidable create majestic patterns excellent for developing the foreward lobe, weather would not be too far off given teh colors and designs.