What's white, green and striped all over?

sleepingcat

Ok- ill joke.

But I'm going bonkers over here trying to find the origins of this silly rock!

I was in the local metaphysical/spirtual store, and admiring the gemstones. I picked one up that was going "Omg! Buymebuymebuyme!" and went along to collect the rest of my selection.

I go to ring up, I cant remember *quite* where I got it, and myself and the clerk go though every last bin there to no avail- We agreed paying the price for Jade was a fair deal, and settled it at that.

But I dont think this stone is jade, For one, it's an olive green on one side and white on the other, much like Citrine and Ameythist do. it also has very quartz like striations, like spider webbing going more or less in a square mesh pattern, however at about a 30 degree slant.

I'm thinking it's Diopside, maybe.

I really dont think it's jade, because it's sparkly on the inside and glassy on the outside. The peice of jade I have is a waxy luster all the way though.

what do you experts all thing *puppy eyes*

willowfox

If you had a photo, that would most certainly help. Jade has a very cool feeling when pressed to the cheek.

sleepingcat

I i'll try to get a good photo whenI get home tonight- the pictures with my phone look awful.

I'd say it's about as cool feeling as any other of my stones at room temp, but it really sucks up heat like my black tourlamine. Then it gets nice and toasty warm.

willowfox

Its sounding less and less like jade.

Kyrielle

Marble can be green and white, sparkly, patchy and veined....

A picture would help.

Alamaris

Possibly watermelon (or green) tourmaline? Your description sounds just like a few pieces I've seen in the local store.

sleepingcat

I *think* it's verdelite, and that would explain the sudden burning desire I've had to play with herbs and plants. >.>;

I could be wrong, but now my computer loves me again I can post pictures tonight.