PDA

View Full Version : Having too much trouble connecting to live chat

DarkElectric
29-10-2002, 11:37
Hi!
I am having a lot of trouble connecting to live chat, it never used to be a problem. I know all about mIRC, but I deleted the program, because they want me to regester and I don't have a credit card, or 20 bucks. I always used to be able to get in before without it.
Another thing, when I type in my username, no characters show up, AT ALL. It's been like this for a while, but I was still able to get on. Now I'm not. HELP!

SherryZoned
29-10-2002, 11:43
Hmmm..i dont know..I dont see the letters either but i am still able to get on...Maybe try again..or thru a different link.

wavebreaker
29-10-2002, 18:01
Instead of mIRC, you can also use Trillian (http://www.trillian.cc). It's free and not flooded with ads. And you can also use it for your chat accounts.

Kaz
29-10-2002, 19:07
i do not know the answer to your problem, sorry.

i have mirc gold here, works fine, if you want it i can send it in a zip file to your email account. if you want me to send it, pm me with your email adress.
edited to add that its no nagware, so you can use it straight away without popups and **** like that about registering.

kaz

DarkElectric
30-10-2002, 02:36
Silly me, I fixed the problem. It seems I can't log in to chat if I have my internal firewall function enabled. So, I guess I just disable it when I want to chat, and enable it after.