So... silly questions

Istar

Didnt Find them on search..

Its a two question thing...

First one .. I might be insane though been trying get to better at reading them.. and find on something questions, I think the cards find annoying or dumb so Likes to either throw up 5 of swords reverse .. or the fool or sometime the tower rev but very few .. It likes throwing up the fool for the card, Funny thing is never got that one rev lol.. Also sometimes when drawing another card to try for varifiing reading .. it does the same thing .. Anyone else get this ? or am i just looseing it lol

Second Question: More interesting one.. With so many decks out there.. If one person where to merge two decks would that inherently make the pictures on the reading more prominent value or would you think it would screw up the deck ? Just a thought.

-Istar

rwcarter

Hi Istar,

I'm not 100% sure I understand either of your questions, but I'll give it a shot.

For your first question, if you're getting nonsense cards for clarification and/or you're getting the same cards (whether reversed or not), are you asking the Tarot the same question over and over again? Just like a human who's asked the same question repeatedly, the Tarot can get annoyed. Another thing to think about is are you asking a general question (What's going to happen tomorrow?) or a specific question (What's going to happen tomorrow between me and X?)? General questions will get you very general (and sometimes confusing) answers.

A third thing to consider is that if the Tarot keeps giving you the same cards over and over again regardless of the question you ask, then maybe you haven't gotten the message yet that the cards are trying to give you and until you do, the Tarot isn't going to answer any other questions. Study those cards and if you still don't know what they're trying to tell you, search the spreads forum for clarification spreads.

As for your second question, are you talking about taking two separate decks, shuffling them together and doing a reading? Or taking half the cards from one deck and half from another deck and doing a reading? Or doing a reading with two decks, taking one card from each for each position in the spread?

The third choice above works well with either two different sized decks or two different kinds of decks. I've never thought about the first choice. But if one can shuffle/manipulate 156 cards, I don't see anything inherently wrong with it. Worst that can happen is you get the same card in two different positions and depending on what the positions mean, you may have to interpret the card completely differently. I've never thought of the second choice either. My gut reaction is that it's the least preferable of the three choices, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

Hopefully something I've written above answers one or both of your questions.

Rodney

Istar

Thank you, That pretty answers what I had.. I did mean two seperate Decks.

-istar

sleepingcat

Silly questions? Use a silly deck. : 3 I use The Tarot of the White Cats for this purpose, because gee.... they have such an onery little glint in their eyes. ^_^

But if you're asking questions that you really want the answer for, but are feeling self consious about them.... then you're projecting that feeling of "My question is stupid, I dont deserve a good answer" into your deck, and without that confidence that you deserve to know what you want to know, the deck spits that back out at you.

There's no such thing as an annoying or dumb question if it's sincere. And your tarot will never judge you, it's a pack of cards. Any judgement that does come out of it, comes out of you. When it's degrading, it's the evil little voice in your head that puts you down.

Just about everyone's been there. It's a part of human nature.

I suggest incoperating a ritual of some kind to block off the negative expectations "I wont get my question answered" and to force your brain to keep The Evil Little Voice out of your deck.

Sorry if this is a little heavy, kinda sleepy this morning.

As for two decks? I've been itching to do this but havent tried it yet.....

Waterfaery

rwcarter said:
Or taking half the cards from one deck and half from another deck and doing a reading?

I've never thought of the second choice either. My gut reaction is that it's the least preferable of the three choices, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

Rodney

Maybe because it would weaken both decks and seriously distort the reading?

6 Haunted Days

Is English your 2nd language? I really couldn't understand fully what you're asking. One needs a clear and comprehensive question to formulate an answer. Jumbled question, vague jumbled answer.

Istar

Bleh Sorry, Yes it does sound messed up, I did it while tired ;/

To answer: Rwcarter

The Questions are not that general.. AKA, what will happen tommorrow and such. But maybe linked to other questions. I Guess.. So it likes throwing those up as answer...

To answer: Sleepingcat
"My question is stupid, I dont deserve a good answer"

No my Questions I take seriously on the cards .. Just Considered the questions given on this post a bit silly or out of ordinary.

Anyways Tried the "interview with deck" Spread on it. and think I understand it more. Got the 10wands (Rev) ON what it brings to the table question .. Though gives The wheel on the 4th card signifieing reward...

As for Second Question.. Yeah 156 cards is a bit much ;P But was wondering if the deck would make the pictures on the cards more relevant in the readings... Doing half a deck of each, I think would be about the same as one deck.. It was just a thought thats kinda like what if ....

Istar said:
Didnt Find them on search..

Its a two question thing...

First one, I might be insane though been trying get to better at reading them. But find on some questions, I think that the cards find annoying or dumb so they Like to either throw up 5 of swords reverse .. or the fool or sometime the tower (rev), But tower is rare. It tends to like giveing the fool card alot, though Funny thing is I never got that one rev lol. Also sometimes when drawing another card to try for varifiing reading, It does the same thing. Anyone else get this? or am i just looseing it lol.

Second Question: More interesting one. With so many decks out there. If one person where to merge two decks would that inherently make the pictures on the reading have a more prominent value or would you think it would screw up the deck? Just a thought.

-Istar

ofbainbridge

Waterfaery said:
Maybe because it would weaken both decks and seriously distort the reading?

My question to you is...how would mixing decks weaken both decks and seriously distort the reading? Because I have to say I've done the deed in question, mixed several decks tarot and oracle and the results were not bad...different in form but nothing felt weakened or distorted...in fact the whole experience kind of widened my perception of what a reading could be like...