Lisa Williams: Life Among the Dead

Alpha-Omega

Tonight is the Season premier of her 2nd season. There is a part where she does a Tarot reading to conntect with the spirit. Just wanted to let you all know so you can watch it.

6 Haunted Days

Just finishing watching this.

She used Tarot cards at the end....I think it was Albano-Waite? She layed out the proverbial celtic cross and layed them down, read them and understood all within 5 seconds (literally, I'm not joking). Hmmmm.....I'm always a hard skeptic concerning psychics, especially TV ones. It's so easy to edit and make things more dramatic and fit better.

She has the weirdest body shape. Huge breasts and very fat midsection (were talking huuuge) and somewhat normal size legs, face. Strange! She looks deformed in a way.

Overall, I find her annoying in the extreme. She says thank you to the spirits so many times it's insane, as in right in a row. It's just hard for me to buy "reality TV" in any form.

Alpha-Omega

6 Haunted Days said:
Just finishing watching this.

She used Tarot cards at the end....I think it was Albano-Waite? She layed out the proverbial celtic cross and layed them down, read them and understood all within 5 seconds (literally, I'm not joking). Hmmmm.....I'm always a hard skeptic concerning psychics, especially TV ones. It's so easy to edit and make things more dramatic and fit better.

She has the weirdest body shape. Huge breasts and very fat midsection (were talking huuuge) and somewhat normal size legs, face. Strange! She looks deformed in a way.

Overall, I find her annoying in the extreme. She says thank you to the spirits so many times it's insane, as in right in a row. It's just hard for me to buy "reality TV" in any form.

I like her personality But I feel the way she used the cards was werid.

Tansey Ella

edited.

Alpha-Omega

Dhamma said:
I enjoyed that show a bit, but the one that came on after it was better. They had 4 psychics who were competing (like on survivor) anyone else see both shows or one?
dhamma
BTW, she was odd shaped, looks like a surgical menopause, and little or no estrogen replacement and extreme stress. stress can cause a rise in cortisol and cause the mid- section to grow huge. she has a pleasant personality.

Yea I watched the psychic challange show. I loved it.

Tarotphelia

6 Haunted Days said:
She used Tarot cards at the end....I think it was Albano-Waite?

No, that was the old University Press edition with the nice ankh back . I have one like it .

6 Haunted Days said:

Isn't it shocking that they have allowed a woman not shaped like Barbie or a concentration camp victim on tv ? I thought they were all kept tied up in the basement so as not to scare and offend people . (sarcasm)

She's a bit chubby . And they are dressing her rather stupidly . For example , in a 1950's style dress with a wide belted waist pre-destined to make anybody but a wraith look like a steamboat . Plus being on television only adds visual pounds .

(I had some odd idea that the show was about her abilities and not her body , but I guess that's just me being crazy again ! )

6 Haunted Days said:
Overall, I find her annoying in the extreme. She says thank you to the spirits so many times it's insane, as in right in a row.

I don't think it's that unusual if you consider the spirits as real people talking to you . It wasn't one of her best episodes , but overall I like her .

6 Haunted Days

Dark Inquisitor said:
Isn't it shocking that they have allowed a woman not shaped like Barbie or a concentration camp victim on tv ? I thought they were all kept tied up in the basement so as not to scare and offend people . (sarcasm)

She's a bit chubby . And they are dressing her rather stupidly . For example , in a 1950's style dress with a wide belted waist pre-destined to make anybody but a wraith look like a steamboat . Plus being on television only adds visual pounds .

(I had some odd idea that the show was about her abilities and not her body , but I guess that's just me being crazy again ! )

I don't think it's that unusual if you consider the spirits as real people talking to you . It wasn't one of her best episodes , but overall I like her .

Keeping in mind I am far from Barbie dimensions, my comment on her body wasn't about her being fat (she's fat, not chubby, it's a physical description like saying someone is tall. Chubby is like 20 lbs. overweight, not 80.) so much as in how odd the fat is distributed, and you're right, those outfits really don't flatter her shape at all, they accentuate it. The show is about her being a medium, but with TV psychics you just can't tell, who knows what is really going on with editing and who knows what else. Also it may be the reason for the show, but I always thought viewers were free to comment on anything they wanted too about a show. I only watched it because it happened to be on and I was writing some emails, so just kept it on. I rarely turn on a reality show, they just aren't reality.

I understand about the spirits being real people, but when I talk to people I don't say thank you 10x in a row. It's annoying. I don't like her, obviously some people do, I was just commenting on the show.

lunakasha

I tried to watch the show last Friday....but only got halfway through.
I don't know if she is "for real" or not, but from what I observed, she seemed to be making a real connection with the people she read for.

I found her annoying as well, and I am not exactly sure why....but I found myself cringing at times.
Unfortunately, I missed the ending when she was using the cards, I would have liked seeing what she came up with.

I may try again this week, just in case....maybe I didn't really give her or the show a fair chance.
But like 6HD mentioned, I am growing weary of the "reality TV" genre lately.
(Except for Survivor....I am a die-hard fan for life, HAHA!)

:) Luna

Tansey Ella

edited

MoonLitCrystal

Dark Inquisitor said:
Hehe this made me giggle out loud. ;)

Seriously, I haven't seen the show at all, but I tend to be a bit of a skeptic (yes, me, the Tarot reader, is a skeptic) so watching this stuff on TV doesn't do much for me. I'd rather see it and experience it with friends and family :)