Went and did something either A) Stupid or B) Insane

tabi

Both options seem appliable right now.

I'm normally a very quiet shy person not really going after things, this afternoon I went into the local New Age shop near my house. Just looking around since I was by myself and didn't have my so nagging me that he was ready to leave.

In talking to the person running the shop she said that they looking for people to give classes on different "New Age" things. IE: Wand Making, Wiccian Crafting, Tai Chi, that kind of thing. I asked about a tarot class she said that she didn't have anyone.

I offered myself up to give one. :eek: Admittedly I question my ability to give more indepth classes but I'm pretty sure that I can cover the basics well. She was ready to get all of the information then and there without asking me ANY background no my ability. I did choose to throw some bites of info in there myself and offered to do free readings both for her and the owner of the shop. So they can see my style and how well I do read.

I'm excited at the possiblity and completely worried that I won't get it...I went it looking like CRAP! My jammies and my hair a mess, being up since 830 Friday night (this was at noon Saturday)....

Have I completely lost my flipping mind?!?!?

celticnoodle

well obviously the store owner felt you looked like someone she could trust to do a good job, so don't fret about it! Now all you have to do is set up a plan for what to teach and how. I think it's great! Good Luck, and I am sure you will do wonderful!!! :thumbsup:

tabi

I honestly don't know if I got the gig or not! She wants to see how many people are going to be interested to begin with first.

WoodSorrel

Tabi,

Don't be so hard on yourself. You obviously have a wealth of knowledge that can benefit many.

No teacher knows everything/is perfect. Everyone, teachers too, is always learning. (Don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise)

In my (albeit limited) professional experience, admitting your nervousness right off the bat can be quite relieving. Honesty goes a long way. A class needs a facilitator and some guidance and not a walking, talking encyclopedia of all things Tarot.

If you have concerns regarding inadequate reference/experience checks, it seems to me there are 2 ways to view this: either this shop hires based upon gut feeling, or they will simply allow anyone to teach, in which case it is quite valuable that you offer up your expertise as you are knowledgeable in this area. Think how lucky the students will be to have you as a teacher as opposed to some of the possible alternatives!

In my own experience, I have always read my own cards before giving a class or intensive session. There may be much wisdom to be had there.

I know I do not know you, I haven't posted thousands of times, but I believe these words are true: You can do this.

Best of luck, I'd be interested in hearing how it goes.

P.S. I don't think Tarot readers/teachers are required to have un-messy hair.

tarot4fun

A)
B)
or
C) It's time to take that step right over the edge~ :p

Good Luck!!! ~and have fun! :D

Suz :heart:

Dwaas

I am sure you will be fine! Please let us know how it went. Good luck! :)

All Is One

Fear and excitement can feel sort of the same...for whatever it's worth I've always experienced both fear and excitement at facing any new challenge so I think your feelings are totally rational.
Hope you do get it!

Sophie

tabi said:
Have I completely lost my flipping mind?!?!?
Probably. But most of us do at one time or another :D

(good luck and do your best ;))

squeakmo9

You really seized the day Tabi, good luck, you'll be fine!
:)

Water Lady

Hey TABI
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!
I know you will do very well and help lots of folks. A foot in the door puts you on your way.

I am very happy for you.

Nancy