Tarot can be a talking head

numbers

Why listen to news commentators' predigested pap when you can deal out a spread and get the tarot's take on the news of the day?
Yesterday I shuffled my Gilded Tarot (my current affairs deck) deliberately so as to get reversals and dealt out a Celtic cross for commentary on Al Gore's winning the Nobel Peace Prize. Here's what came out. (R=reversal)
The Question - The Tower R
Crossing Card - The Fool
Distant Past or Foundation - Ace of Swords
Distant Future or Goal - Page of Cups
Immediate Past - King of Pentacles R
Immediate Future - The Empress
The Querent - Knight of Wands R
Environment - Justice
Hopes and Fears - Six of Cups R
The Outcome - Three of Cups
Anyone else use tarot for current events analysis? Wonder what all of you make of the spread I got. Can anyone suggest a better spread for this type of question?

Regards,
"Numbers"

JonMAblaze

Wow, that's a great reading! Very optimistic!

I like to do things like this, too, but I haven't gotten very adventurous with it. I'm toying with this idea of doing current events spreads in the shape of a map of the place or places in question. But that doesn't apply to every kind of issue.

Alpha-Omega

numbers said:
Why listen to news commentators' predigested pap when you can deal out a spread and get the tarot's take on the news of the day?
Yesterday I shuffled my Gilded Tarot (my current affairs deck) deliberately so as to get reversals and dealt out a Celtic cross for commentary on Al Gore's winning the Nobel Peace Prize. Here's what came out. (R=reversal)
The Question - The Tower R
Crossing Card - The Fool
Distant Past or Foundation - Ace of Swords
Distant Future or Goal - Page of Cups
Immediate Past - King of Pentacles R
Immediate Future - The Empress
The Querent - Knight of Wands R
Environment - Justice
Hopes and Fears - Six of Cups R
The Outcome - Three of Cups
Anyone else use tarot for current events analysis? Wonder what all of you make of the spread I got. Can anyone suggest a better spread for this type of question?

Regards,
"Numbers"

Yes I love to do readings on the news. I have done readings about Anna Nicole Smith baby and who the father was, I did the super bowl, many things, Its a lot of fun and good pratice.

6 Haunted Days

I do readings for current events and many other things to get a new view on them.

All I can say about Al Gore and the Peace prize. Please God no.

Water Lady

Staying with Tarot - not politics.....

I have been wanting to do this but so far have not.
Busy and just don't think about it.

I am going to make a effort to think about it when some news item strikes me.
Definitely a good learning method.

6 Haunted Days

I especially like doing it with crimes and murders, or trials in progress. The scott Peterson trial had me doing a lot of readings ;)

blackstormhawk

Years ago I did a reading on the OJ murder trial, got Justice Reversed, which turned out to be exactly correct, IMHO.