reshuffle?

phoenixblu

recently I have been reading for friends on various situations but the same cards seem to be sticking in the same order within the deck..

if this happens do you reshuffle... or just read it?!

sleepingcat

If it's the same cards over and over it's trying to tel you somthing, and flailing with urguncy.

It could also be static cling holding your cards together. If my deck gets statically i touch each card, one at a time to some kinda metal whatever laying around the house to pull off the surface charge.

I never reshuffle, unless some one took all the reversals and set them right side up for me. Then I feel guilty afterwards.

phoenixblu

well its not for me... say i read for a friend on a question... then she asks another so I reshuffle and lay out the same cards... so far i read waht i see... but ... i sometimes wonder if they are being naughty!! lol...

AJ

Just as an experiment reorder your deck and then shuffle it for however many times is your norm. Then lay the deck face up and fan it so you can see most of the cards. I think you'll find that a lot of the cards have hardly changed place at all, you'll still find clumps of majors together and clumps of same-suits.

Same thing happens if you replace cards on the top or bottom, they will hardly move in standard shuffling.

With a new deck I shuffle the bejabbers out of it and about every 3rd time I take the top quarter(ish) of the deck and move it to the bottom and carry on some more. I never reorder a deck once it is shuffled unless I'm using it for a study of some kind. I always replace cards into the deck at random. And I always fan the deck and pull cards from random places, not deal off the top like a game of poker or rummy.

Then and only then would I think I was getting a shout from the cards if the same cards kept coming up.

All that said (I know...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) I have kept a chart of my card-of-the-day all year. Now keep in mind how much I shuffle, and that I choose randomly from the fanned deck, AND that I have used a different deck each week.
Since January I've pulled the Queen of Wands 6 times, the 7 of wands not at all.
I've pulled the Star 6 times the Lovers only once.
I've pulled the 3 of swords 7 times, the Queen of cups not at all.

So if you KNOW your cards are well shuffled, then listen when they talk :)

phoenixblu

no i really should maybe give them a good shuffle and a smudge :)

see if it makes a change.. at times... the same suit in their actual order will come out.. then i go ..hmm ... not shuffled.

willowfox

I have had the same cards come out again even though I had given them my special shuffle, it may appear to be strange but just read them anyway as the question that was asked will be different from the first question, so the meanings will not be the same.

phoenixblu

well in the case I had a friend who was has a long distance bf... she wanted to ask how he saw her... and how he saw this female best friend... oddly the same cards came up for... both but.. maybe a position ahead (if that makes sense).. i read it as i saw it :)

Merenwen

I'm one of those people with natural static, so if my cards build up any at all, I'm the piece of metal they ground on :)

I personally think that if the same card keeps coming up, especially concerning the same person or situation, it's one that needs special attention. If most of the cards are the same, it's either time to reshuffle, or time to accept what they are trying to say.

Question is, are they the same cards if you do a spread on a different subject, completely unrelated to the last reading? If so reshuffle. (AJs method should help) If not, well, you know it's not your shuffling :p

missycab

To avoid getting the same cards (because of bad-shuffling) I do this: After the reading, I don't put the cards (used for the reading) in the deck all together. I put them in the deck one by one, not one after another, but for example: one in the middle, on in the front, one in the back. I cut the deck and put a card. It takes a while, but I avoid getting the same cards due to a bad shuffle. If they appear again in another reading, then it's because they have something to tell me.

6 Haunted Days

AJ said:
Just as an experiment reorder your deck and then shuffle it for however many times is your norm. Then lay the deck face up and fan it so you can see most of the cards. I think you'll find that a lot of the cards have hardly changed place at all, you'll still find clumps of majors together and clumps of same-suits.

Same thing happens if you replace cards on the top or bottom, they will hardly move in standard shuffling.

With a new deck I shuffle the bejabbers out of it and about every 3rd time I take the top quarter(ish) of the deck and move it to the bottom and carry on some more. I never reorder a deck once it is shuffled unless I'm using it for a study of some kind. I always replace cards into the deck at random. And I always fan the deck and pull cards from random places, not deal off the top like a game of poker or rummy.

Then and only then would I think I was getting a shout from the cards if the same cards kept coming up.

All that said (I know...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) I have kept a chart of my card-of-the-day all year. Now keep in mind how much I shuffle, and that I choose randomly from the fanned deck, AND that I have used a different deck each week.
Since January I've pulled the Queen of Wands 6 times, the 7 of wands not at all.
I've pulled the Star 6 times the Lovers only once.
I've pulled the 3 of swords 7 times, the Queen of cups not at all.

So if you KNOW your cards are well shuffled, then listen when they talk :)

Those are some very excellent suggestions! When I first started in Tarot I would have the same problems, the same cards over and over, until I wised up and started doing some major shuffling changes.