Wisdom of Avalon!

HearthCricket

Yesterday I finally sat down with this deck, gave it a good shuffling and pulled 4 cards. I was curious how it would read and what I would think about the marker cards, but oddly enough, none came up in my reading. What did come up was amazingly accurate about a certain situation in my life, right now, and I love the book. Each card really makes you focus on various ways of looking at a situation, both good and bad. I like that it challenges you to look at your surroundings, the people around you, your own interaction with them and possible changes to make. Unlike some oracles that are all positive and fluffy (and I do believe they have their place and can be useful) this deck really looks into matters in more detail. I love it. While I still wish the marker cards had some unique factor to them~even making the background seasonal or something~the reading was excellent. I can't even put the cards back in the box. I just want to think about it all, for a while....

6 Haunted Days

Yea since I found out that 1/2 the cards are repetitive images, I think I will pas on this one, at least for now.

I've got plenty complex and deeper oracles(as this one seems to be), fluffy/positive really isn't my thing. Maybe later.

HearthCricket

Still using it...still loving it. Finally got one of the marker cards for spirit. Focus. Loved the whole reading. Gave me a lot of food for thought. I think that is what I love most about this deck. The book. The thoughts, advice, challenges to look at things from all sides. Wisdom is a very good title for this deck. I feel like a High Priestess or Merlin is sitting beside me and giving me deep instruction. Love this deck!

6 Haunted Days

So the book is pretty excellent and well-written? Can anyone give me a sample "meaning" or interpertation for one of the cards? How is the book concerning the pip cards?

Still on the fence, I have a $25 Borders card, and thinking of getting this!

BodhiSeed

The Eagle: spirit, integrity, connection to the angelic realms
When the Eagle appears, it is a true signal of your connection to the angelic realm. With the angels' help and guidance, you can soar above life to see the larger vista. The Eagle helps you make choices accordingly, with integrity. When yu pray to your angels, they will always answer, for they patiently wait for you to call upon them for assistance. The angels reside beside you, always hoping to aid humankind in finding peace and manifesting abundance and prosperity. The Eagle also asks you to remember to soar high above life and look at the big picture. Don't get too caught up in the tiny, unimportant aspects of life. The spiritual world is the real one - your physical life is the dream. When Eagle appears, it's also a signal for prayer. It's time for a moment of conscious contact with the Divine. Remember that you're always protected and Divinely directed if you follow the guidance of Spirit as it appears in the form of Eagle.

Movement ("pip card"): This marker reminds you that all things change as part of the cycle of life. This may portend a physical move, or it heralds a release from restriction and waiting. Rejoice, for change is in the air and new things are about to enter your world. This puts you on notice that it's time to broaden your horizons as you move forward on your path. You may travel to new and foreign places, both physically and inwardly. It is fortunate and timely to do so. Nothing is ever meant to be static in the ways of the living Mystery. Movement brings challenges that must not be resisted, for progress can only be made by letting go of what was, and welcoming what is and what is yet to come. This marker is always a change for the better.

Hope this helps!
Bodhran

6 Haunted Days

Thanks Bodran :)

It does help, ohhhh decisions, decisions ! Thinking of this , the Tarot Lenormand or a R.J Stewart book....orrr....grrrr.

faunabay

6 Haunted Days said:
Thanks Bodran :)

It does help, ohhhh decisions, decisions ! Thinking of this , the Tarot Lenormand or a R.J Stewart book....orrr....grrrr.

6HD,
I can give you an opinion on the Tarot Lenormand. We've seen each other on the lenormand threads lately and I wanted to let you know I got the Tarot Lenormand AND a few *LOL* other lenormand decks. I like the true lenormands better than the tarot lenormand. I didn't like the blending of the tarot and lenormand types of decks. (shrug) Just my two cents though. :)

BodhiSeed

faunabay said:
6HD,
I can give you an opinion on the Tarot Lenormand. We've seen each other on the lenormand threads lately and I wanted to let you know I got the Tarot Lenormand AND a few *LOL* other lenormand decks. I like the true lenormands better than the tarot lenormand. I didn't like the blending of the tarot and lenormand types of decks. (shrug) Just my two cents though. :)

I agree with faunabay - if you're going to get a Lenormand, get one of the true ones, not the Tarot Lenormand! The images just did not seem very "tarot-like" to me - too forced. Go for orginal -unless of course you choose the Wisdom of Avalon instead!

Bodhran

faunabay

bodhran said:
I agree with faunabay - if you're going to get a Lenormand, get one of the true ones, not the Tarot Lenormand! The images just did not seem very "tarot-like" to me - too forced. Go for orginal -unless of course you choose the Wisdom of Avalon instead!

Bodhran

Well now, the Wisdom of Avalon is just a whole 'nother thing isn't it? LOL I've actually got it on my wishlist too!!! LOL