Goddess Oracle

Kurai Yuko

Hi! My first post ever in this forum...i guess. Anyway, i got the Goddess Oracle sometime ago and i could never figure out how to use it properly...i mean, i don't really know how to 'read' it, maybe that's because i'm too used with Tarot and Oracle decks are quite different...can any expert here help me? I'd be very thankful!

Thanks!

*Yuko*

Indigo

I love the Goddess Oracle!

But, you're right, it is a bit difficult to use for a traditional reading. However, many of the cards can be used as significators when you're reading with another deck. If you do use the Goddess Oracle for divination, I've found it's best for me to use a single card, then read the myth(s) about that particular Goddess. Something from Her story usually gives me insight into my own story.

By the way, which is your favorite card(s)? Mine are Sophia and Kwan Yin.

Moongold

Amulets of the Goddess

Rhiannon,

I went looking for the Goddess Oracle but my local Theosophical Bookshop didn't have one.

Instead I saw the very interesting Amulets of the Goddess - Oracles of Ancient Wisdom by Nancy Blair, published by Wingbow Press in 1997.
Instead of cards there are small clay amulets with scacred images inscribed on them. There isn explanatory book as well.

The set looks fascinating and I look forward to getting to know it.

My best wishes,

Kate

Rhiannon

Those look really interesting! Please let me know how it goes. I haven't found any good reviews of them online, just the author's site, but there aren't very good pictures there.

R :)

Kurai Yuko

Indigo said:

By the way, which is your favorite card(s)? Mine are Sophia and Kwan Yin.

Hi :)

I love the Goddess Oracle as well. My favorites are Tara and Oshun. Oshun is a Brazilian Goddess (we write Oxum) :p
I also like Ix Chel.

*Yuko*

Moongold

Those look really interesting! Please let me know how it goes. I haven't found any good reviews of them online, just the author's site, but there aren't very good pictures there.

R :)

Rhiannon,

I haven't seen reviews of these amulets but bought them initially because they looked good and were the only thing like this available yesterday in this particular bookshop.

There are 27 amulets, all about 1.5 inches in diameter, and made of clay. Various elemental Goddesses are represented and there are also representations of sacred animal and other symbols e.g. the Nightstar, the Sprouting Seed, the Whirlwinds and so on. The images are based on authentic historical data

There is a book which gives the history and meaning of each symbol and it is clearly and simply written, The book also gives some advice about how to use the amulets and some affirmations and interpretations.

I haven't been through it all by any means and will take my time with it but it seems inviting and I'm looking forward to exploring it. Right now I hold in one hand the Primal Mother Goddess and Child and it feels quite grounding and good to have something like this to touch, particularly as it is made of clay. I might sprinkle some of them with some essential oils later. Nancy Blair suggest that people could paint the amulets if they want to so they can certainly be made even more relevant to individuals

I still haven't given up on getting the other Goddess Oracle and might just have to order it through the local shops.

In the mean time I'd be interested to hear of anyone else's experience with the amulets.

Moongold

Kyrielle

So how do you use those amulets? They sound like you might use them like runes. I've seen the set in the box in a store, but I've never looked that closely.

-- Kyrielle