bits and pieces

morticia monroe

A question....

I have numerous broken pieces of quartz crystals, broken quartz tips, some six sided, some just shaped like rocks, and are all colors of white from the milky white to water clear.

My question is, do these pieces of quartz retain the same properties as fully formed crystals? Can a quartz "rock" be used for anything?

BodhiSeed

For me personally, I feel like a rock/stone retains its qualities even if it is broken. Sort of like comparing a cube of sugar with a spoonful... both are still sweet to me!:D Perhaps you could put the pieces in a nice bowl and place a rainbow of tumbled colored stones among them. Or if you like to cleanse your stones you could sit the stones to be cleared on the top of the pile of stones in your bowl.
I've never met a stone I didn't love :).

Bodhran

Gooneybird

Expanding on what Bodhran mentioned with sugar, mineralogically speaking, the quartz mineral always has approximately the same composition and atomic crystal structure no matter whether its a fine natural 6-sided crystal point, a sharp quartz arrowhead with bits struck off, a tiny grain of sand, or a fat crystal body embedded in granite. I see no reason why they wouldn't be useful to you, if you don't care about having aesthetically perfect crystals. Personally, they're all pretty to me even slivered and crushed!

I've heard that natural faces of crystals terminating into points "concentrate energy", but unless you're going for that sort of energy, I'm sure they're all good for use.

BodhiSeed

So what did you decide to do with your bits and pieces?

Bodhran

willowfox

A complete crystal has all the properties of being a complete crystal, a broken crystal no longer retains those properties like a cup is a complete thing that can hold water but when it is broken it loses that property and therefore has no further use.

wumpkie

As long as you love them, what does it matter. Many tumbled crystals, i'm sure, were made from broken pieces and they work. But like I said, if you love them nothing else matters. :D