PDA

View Full Version : Sabian Symbols in Astrology - Octobers Full Moon

Elven
26-10-2007, 03:06
A great write up from Linda Hill :D
www.sabiansymbols.com

Clover_leaf <http://sabiansymbols.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/23/clover_leaf.jpg>

To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee, One clover, and a bee, And reverie.
The reverie alone will do, If bees are few.
Emily Dickinson

Fridays' full moon in Taurus has a wonderfully tantalizing promise of riches, rewards, safety, comfort and ease. The Moon is full on the third degree of Taurus, the Sabian Symbol for which is Taurus 3: Natural Steps Up to a Lawn Blooming With Clover.

I always enjoy seeing this degree as it usually means we have to take just a few shorts steps to our objectives, our aims, our missions, our ability to be happy, etc. We can take these 'natural steps' that lead us to the place where we'll be able to fully live, relax, be creative, love and grow. This full moon in Taurus seems to imply that we can achieve much and find ourselves where we want to be, but it is like to take the cooperation of others involved as the Sun is on Scorpio 3: Neighbors Help in a House Raising Party in a Small Village. the Sun being on this degree in a Taurus Moon/Scorpio Sun lunation is a double whammy; Taurus and Scorpio have quite the 'yours/mine', 'combined resources', 'building and transforming' kind of energy.

Few_steps_up <http://sabiansymbols.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/23/few_steps_up.jpg> The Full Moon Sabian of Natural Steps Up to a Lawn Blooming With Clover implies ‘Steps’ that are inviting, promising and easy to climb. It feels as though they’re leading to the promise of beauty, greenery and repose. They are ‘Blooming With Clover’, which shows there is a reward at hand when those ‘Steps’ are taken. Bees love ‘Clover’ and ‘Lawns Blooming With It’ ensures that the bees will make honey and therefore life will be sweet. Clover has long been believed to mean good luck, prosperous circumstances and luxurious surroundings. Also, the expression “he’s in clover” or “living in clover” comes from the belief that if you had plenty of ‘Clover’ for your cows to eat, they would produce good milk, thereby providing nourishment for everyone.

From my book 360 Degrees of Wisdom: Charting Your Destiny With the Sabian Symbols (published by Plume - Penguin NY):

Keywords: Hopefulness. Inspirational possibilities. Gradually enlarging one’s vision. Harmony. Seasonal changes. Running around on grass. Bare feet. The beauty of greenery and flowers. Stability on the path. Steps that invite one on to bigger and better things. Abundance, nourishment. Making small efforts that can lead to large returns. Places to spread out and relax. Having plenty of room to move. Gardens and parks.

The Caution: Looking for the easy way out. Not making the effort to find what is just a few steps away. Being lazy when one should be going for the objective. Temporary success. Expecting everything to be laid out before you. Weeds. Unkempt lawns. Neglected land.

I look at the degree following a degree as being somewhat like the Moon's North Node - a destiny point, something to be embraced, something to move towards, accept, allow. The degree following is often an outgrowth, a follow-on. Taurus 4 is a wonderful transition from the 'living in clover' degree; the Sabian Symbol is Taurus 4: The Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow.

‘The Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow’ is a wonderful image. ‘Rainbows’ are said to be a bridge to the Divine. They inspire awe as we gaze at their beauty and the sheer wonder of nature. They can represent boundless promise, and there is said to be a reward, a ‘Pot of Gold’, to be found at its end. In folklore, elves, leprechauns and fairies are associated with ‘The Pot of Gold’.

My Keywords and Cautions for Taurus 4: The Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow:

Keywords: The promise of riches, in whatever forms these may take. Creative imagination. Goals and ambitions. Alchemy. Splashes of color. Rewards contained. The search for the treasure. Seeking communion with nature and life’s bounty. Wealth derived from changing perspective. Talent and beauty. Fantasies. Illusions vs. reality. Fairylands.

The Caution: Seeking easy, tempting solutions. Thinking that rewards are always just “over the horizon”. Thinking that one is never going to get near “it”. Elusive success. Forgetting the more immediate things in life. Seeking perfection. Castles in the air. Pipe dreams. Fool's Paradise.

So, the energy of this full moon sounds very, very promising, especially if people pull together as shown by Scorpio 3: Neighbors Help in a House Raising Party in a Small Village. (BTW, this is the degree of Hillary Clinton's Sun - and she wrote a book titled "It Takes a Village"). 'Neighbors' come together to help each other out and to get to know each other better. By acting as a community, rather than as separate individuals, small, large, or even very difficult projects can be undertaken and completed more quickly and efficiently. People bring their individual talents and expertise with them. The sharing of these experiences will build community values and friendships. However, there needs to be a careful watch on how some people contribute as unskilled labor can end up costing both time and money.

To get the best of this symbolism, people have to work together selflessly and generously and to not be comparing with each other over who does or contributes more.

Having stated that people should really work together, this full moon could also bring up issues to do with people finding their own two feet on their own, having more self confidence, more autonomy and more of a sense of directing and being in charge of their own lives. Although it may sound like a contradiction from what was said above, sometimes when we make a move to be more self sustaining or self reliant we actually have to be sure that friends and family and loved ones are there with or for us and that we aren't living in a vacuum.

The concept of sharing, giving and receiving and people helping each other is reinforced through retrograde Mercury being on Libra 28: A Man Alone in Deep Gloom. Unnoticed, Angels are Coming to His Aid. Keywords and Cautions:

Keywords: Feelings of not being alone. Awareness of spiritual help in times of need. Salvation versus depression. Feeling like one’s luck is about to change. Improvements in the pipeline. Changes in the “weather”. Helpers arriving just when they’re needed. Brightening influences. Angels and spiritual forces for good. Guardian angels.

The Caution: Unrealistic reliance on spiritual agencies or help from others. Feeling like no one cares or that no one is listening. Being alone and forgotten. Losing faith in things getting better. Refusing help. Misery and gloom and doom.

There's help arriving OK, and perhaps it's in a different form than most people expect. Perhaps they're looking in one direction when the relief is coming from another.

The trick is that Venus and Uranus are exactly opposite each other which could bring about some big shifts in relationships. Many, perhaps all, will find that their relationships, whether it's their primary relationship or friendships or partnerships or whatever undergo a shift of some sort. Some will break up, some will find each other like a bolt out of the blue or like lightning has struck them. Whatever happens, the status quo is likely to be challenged in one way or another. Relationships that aren't based in a sense of integrity, freedom or respect are likely to undergo some kind of transformation.

This full moon is a time of trusting in goodness, richness, providence of our lives while being prepared to take the steps necessary to enveloping a sense of coming to our own 'land of milk and honey'.

:D

Elven
26-10-2007, 03:15
I love it when these symbols are present together! ... and I am really looking forward to the weekend, as an opportunity has arisen for me which I am really pleased about! Its not big, but it was given to me from a person in the cafe I work at - and its not Tarot related. A dream is going to manifest - Im going to work on a film, and have my name in the credits :D :laugh:
I laugh because there was a thread which asked what we wanted to achieve still, and I wrote, have my name in the credits of a movie :laugh:
So now I am really chuffed having these symbols energy about!! Cool!! :D

Blessings Elven x

MCsea
28-10-2007, 19:43
I love it when these symbols are present together! ... and I am really looking forward to the weekend, as an opportunity has arisen for me which I am really pleased about! Its not big, but it was given to me from a person in the cafe I work at - and its not Tarot related. A dream is going to manifest - Im going to work on a film, and have my name in the credits :D :laugh:
I laugh because there was a thread which asked what we wanted to achieve still, and I wrote, have my name in the credits of a movie :laugh:
So now I am really chuffed having these symbols energy about!! Cool!! :D

Blessings Elven x

CHEERS here is to your name in the credits of a film!!!

We went on a holiday to the beach - just lovely
blessings

MARINA

Adjustment
29-10-2007, 01:24
congratulations Elven. Good news.

Wonderwoman
29-10-2007, 14:56
Fantastic!! Dreams do come true..

Blessings to you..

Ww ;)