PDA

View Full Version : 3 knights

BrightEye
28-10-2007, 21:35
I drew 3 knights (swords, coins, wands) in answer to a question, which I seldom do. It truly made me raise my eyebrows. It also made me wonder whether the conspicuously absent knight of cups is not the card that is most important in this reading. I wonder what others' experience is with this. I often read that people say 'look at the card that's not present, that'll give you a clue'. The base card of this reading was the 2 of cups, which I would read as another suggestion that the knight of cups is really the focus. No?

star-lover
28-10-2007, 21:38
i would say 3 knights are saying you are in charge and
in control and go for what you want
just my tuppence hope you are ok be
x

Skysteel
28-10-2007, 21:42
I drew 3 knights (swords, coins, wands) in answer to a question, which I seldom do. It truly made me raise my eyebrows. It also made me wonder whether the conspicuously absent knight of cups is not the card that is most important in this reading. I wonder what others' experience is with this. I often read that people say 'look at the card that's not present, that'll give you a clue'. The base card of this reading was the 2 of cups, which I would read as another suggestion that the knight of cups is really the focus. No?

Whatever you think is the most important, probably is.

BrightEye
28-10-2007, 21:46
Whatever you think is the most important, probably is.
I know but I was hoping we could discuss this a little bit more.

I get the being in charge/control, star-lover. In the deck I used (the Secret), the knight of cups is the 'darkest', the only one who has his face fully covered. I had a feeling the other knights are trying to get away - and quickly - from the dark side of the knight of cups.

star-lover
28-10-2007, 21:49
I know but I was hoping we could discuss this a little bit more.

I get the being in charge/control, star-lover. In the deck I used (the Secret), the knight of cups is the 'darkest', the only one who has his face fully covered. I had a feeling the other knights are trying to get away - and quickly - from the dark side of the knight of cups.

could be a good thing lol

who needs sh****

i think all 3 knights appearing is a sign maybe to gather all your resources and move on with whatever is bothering you
positive is all i can see

poivre
28-10-2007, 23:25
Extra ideas...

-you will begin a new friendship, with someone, within
a group of young people.
-lots of movement going on with the knights
-with the two cups, a relationship
-knight of cups missing... waiting on information that is
not available to you yet...he's slow at showing his feelings,
and thinking of you, from a distance

ros
:)

Skysteel
28-10-2007, 23:38
You feel your youth is over, specifically, the enchantment of young love; you're tempted to try and recreate it by finding someone young and exciting to get to know.

willowfox
29-10-2007, 00:14
Perhaps you are determined to make changes, as two of the cards shout change and the third has to do with progress.

Xara
29-10-2007, 00:43
3 Knights, eh?

Knights within Tarot are the action cards. I don't recall seeing what the question was, so here's my take on it with the info you've given :)

"Get off your butt and get these three areas of your life sorted!"
Those areas area home/work/money (pentacles), creatively / with more passion / do it now (wands) and mental attitude (swords).

To be honest, unless this was given by the Thoth deck (which I've found to be as direct as an arrow) you can't get a much stronger / louder "Get up off your butt" message than this :) :D

--------------------------------
Blessings to you all.
Xara
na cuidbhle tionndaidh

BrightEye
29-10-2007, 01:44
You feel your youth is over, specifically, the enchantment of young love; you're tempted to try and recreate it by finding someone young and exciting to get to know.
Now that is an interesting take. How did you come up with that? Knights = young people?

Grizabella
29-10-2007, 02:55
I've always thought of Knights being either younger chronologically or at least younger mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Younger in philosophy. Maybe impetuous, immature, and/or impulsive.

le fey
29-10-2007, 02:57
3 Knights minus the Cups would be saying to me, "Focus, focus, focus! Get your focus off how you feel about the situation and just get it done."

The base cups, yep, indicates you're trying to decide from an emotional perspective and the Knights are telling you to pay attention to the rest of what's going on instead.

balenciaga
29-10-2007, 03:30
Just be careful of arguments - I posted somewhere a while ago that I had read 3 knights means "war". Try to think calming, knight of cup thoughts.:)

le fey
29-10-2007, 03:32
Probably a different thread, but I don't particularly see the Knight of Cups as calm - he's all ready to go forth and do battle with his emotions at the forefront as his weapon and shield. Emotional, yes, but calm (ie, steady emotionally)...not so much.

Skysteel
29-10-2007, 04:18
Now that is an interesting take. How did you come up with that? Knights = young people?

Pretty much, although I suppose that depends how old you are.
- ;)

Xara
29-10-2007, 06:09
Well, there's been Tarot talk on CoA for a while, and a lady called "TheFreeSpirit" posted something similiar to this about the Courts:

Pages are the messengers of the Tarot. They're the: "you've been given a message, now get on with it" card.

Knights are the young man / woman and the "action" cards of the Tarot. They're often the ones who are reckless, impetuious; the "go get 'em"

Queens often represent women (in the mother / crone aspect) who have lived a little. Often they're seen as the "mothers" and they're more often the ones in the background, making sure things happen. (lunches packed, school trips paid for, dinner ready etc. etc. etc.)

Kings are you're father types and often the "I'm the man, do as I say" type - bit like mini-Emperors :) Think of central stage characters and you've got your man here ;)

Does any of that help? :)

Blessings to you all.
Xara
na cuidbhle tionndaidh

elvenstar
29-10-2007, 06:31
I'm one of those people who consider the fourth 'missing' card. What the message is exactly would depend on the question, but generally I'd see it as the aspect that is out of balance. Possibly missing or not considered in the situation, but it could also be the other way round, the energy this guy is representing is way out of control, bring his cousins of the other courts into play to sort him out.

Xara
29-10-2007, 07:06
Elvenstar, that's a brilliant way to think on it. I'll bear that in mind next I get some of the same courts in play :)

Blessings to you all.
Xara
na cuidbhle tionndaidh

BrightEye
29-10-2007, 10:21
Thanks for all the suggestions. They all ring a bell.

About the younger bit: if the knights are younger, that would mean I would be or at least regard myself as Queen or King. Well - I don't. I'm usually a knight or a page.

BrightEye
29-10-2007, 19:49
Probably a different thread, but I don't particularly see the Knight of Cups as calm - he's all ready to go forth and do battle with his emotions at the forefront as his weapon and shield. Emotional, yes, but calm (ie, steady emotionally)...not so much.
I actually drew this knight today as advice (the context of the reading was a different one). I used the Universal Fantasy, and this Knight is anything but calm, so I'd agree with you.

ofbainbridge
31-10-2007, 05:47
To me Pages are young or at least people who are young at heart - their main focus is to learn by being immersed in the energy of their particular suits...
So pages would represent young kids, teenagers, childlike adults; Symbolically those just beginning something, or just embarking on some particular endeavor...or just taking off in some direction...

Knights...are a little older someone who has some experience, some knowledge with determination to put that knowledge and experience to use...
Agewise Knights could in their early 20 or so...symbolically this would be someone is putting their skills and knowledge and experience to use in whatever they are working on or attempting to accomplish...Knights are still learning but now they are making some choices of their own as well...

Queens and Kings are both rulers, both lead, both guide - their suits and elemental associations indicate how they do what they do...
Most often they represent mature established adults but they can also represent someone younger who is mature - mature and responsible beyond their years...

Court cards can also represents situations or circumstances characterized by these same qualities...

BrightEye
31-10-2007, 19:56
On a different note - I'm still wondering why the absent Knight of Cups is the only one who does not reveal his face.

janee
01-11-2007, 16:36
Sometimes I have found the meaning can be a simple as a bit of a "boys" get together, maybe a party or such like and any reversals of the knights could show some trouble or problems.

BrightEye
04-11-2007, 13:28
Sometimes I have found the meaning can be a simple as a bit of a "boys" get together, maybe a party or such like and any reversals of the knights could show some trouble or problems.
What if the reading was all about 'girls'?

starless
04-11-2007, 14:49
Hi Brighteye,

I think your 3 knights can easily be used to represent girls. Any court card (as well as major) can be a member of the opposing sex that's shown on the card. I feel it just depends on what types of attitudes these people have. For instance a man can be the Queen of Cups if he's sharing her type of attributes. I've known females to say they feel they're a knight of whatever. I found your post to be interesting since I've had readings on two seperate occasions where I've had 3 Kings, and then 3 Pages.