Help for a sore throat

Open Arms

I have had a persistent sore throat for over a week now - hurts whenever I swallow and the glands just won't go down (on antibiotics too..)

Apart from turquoise - what can I do/use/apply/bang my head against to get rid of the pain??

Thanks for any help you can give me!

tarot4fun

Hope you don't mind, I'm going to mention herbs~
A tea made from Slippery Elm bark (Ulmus rubra) and Marshmallow root (Althaea officinalis) is good.
Horehound also good for the throat.
Found this site.

Hope you are better soon~

Blessings~
Suz :heart:

lunafae

Throat
amber is lovely and warming.

Guiding Cauldron

make a simple clear broth of chicken stock, fresh garlic cloves, cracked open and peeled x 4 cloves, chili peppers with seeds(seeds are teh spiciest part of a pepper) if you can handle it x 2, very large onion peeled and chopped x 1, fresh ground black pepper as much as you can stand, throw all together in a big pot; simmer all togther for about 10 mins on high heat, sip the broth if you dont want to eat all the bits. Do this for a good 2-4 days as your throat is so severly sore.

garlic, onions, chilli, and pepper are all anti inflamatoriesand anti bacterial agents! chicken broth is gentle and soothing :)

when not sipping broth soup, drink hot tea, cammomile with good squueeze of lemon and large squirt of honey; eucoluptus honey if you can find it.

lemon and honey are anti bacterial agents! Honey also helps to coat teh throat and help soothe :)

above all NO dairy, of any kind it will not help your infection and adds mucus to teh membranes.

hope that helps hun you and your daughetr get well soon!! xx

Sulis

Echinacea tincture - take 15 drops in a bit of water 3 times a day.
It will not only help to get rid of your sore throat, it will also strengthen your immune system and stop you getting another cold or sore throat.

I take echinacea whenever there are cold bugs going around - I swear by it, it's wonderful stuff.

celticnoodle

some very interesting remedies here, some I've heard about and some I have not. However, I was going to mention not to drink Milk or even put milk in your tea/coffee, for the same reason that GC already mentioned. However, DO drink a lot of tea, herbal teas are wonderful, especially chamomile and sweeten it with honey! honey is very soothing to your throat. Also, there is never anything better then savoring a popsicle or kool-pops when you have a sore throat! Because of the season, kool-pops may be difficult to find, so think about making your own, and using orange juice! full of vitamin c, it will also help you!

hope you are soon feeling better, and sending you light and blessings for a quick recovery!

zoecheung

You can try these:

Frist, gargle a with dilution of white vinegar, approx. 1 Tablespoon with 250ml warm (warm, not hot) water. This will help to reduce the pain by killing the germs in the thorat area.

Second, inhale the steam made from 3-4 drops of Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca) over a big bowl of hot water. This will sooth your pain and prevent the germs spreading to other areas.

Third, imagine a revolving blue-lined "Star of David" on your thorat area, (blue because of Thorat Charka). If not using "Star of David", can replace by a 16 petals Blue Lotus.

Fourth, start drinking a cup very weak saline the first thing after your brush your teeth every morning to prevent future infection.

Hope this will ease your pain.

Eco74

My favourite mix for a sore throat, a cold or just for getting warmed up is this;
A little apple juice concentrate in the bottom of a large mug.
Some Cinnamon Yogi Tea blend (spices only, including ginger and black pepper) in a tea strainer.
A teaspoon or so of dark honey (or light honey if you prefer a lighter flavour).
Fill up with hot water and let soak so the spices tint the hot applejuice - which does not at all need to be strong since the heat aswell as the spices makes it all more flavourful.

It soothes the throat and tastes great.
Good for all ages too due to the sweet flavour.

Tarotphelia

Don't forget those zinc cough drops - those are very good at nuking germs in the throat.

firefrost

Another vote for echinacea here. I take one tablet a day from September -March and I suffer very little when the rest of the family go down with bad colds.

I can't praise it enough.