Where could I find boxes for my decks

Queen of Pentacle

Do someone Know where I could find sturdy cardboard boxe, plain (or not) that I could decorate to hold my tarots decks (scarabeo or baba size)
I'll need at least 20 of them, probably more.

I uses to decorate and print glued cardboard (done with an online template), but I'd wish to have something niicer, that can stand moderate usage... like what they have in jewellry or gift shops. Sure I asked there, (even some packaging co.) but the size were never good...

Does someone make them online somewhere?

Any idea or suggestion would be welcome, for sure

Too many decks in bags cant be properly stacks in a libraity.
Thanks for the infos.

celticnoodle

Look in the craft stores, such as Michaels or such. Also, don't forget to check out Joanne Fabrics. They have a good selection of boxes. (wooden boxes too, that are quite nice and can be painted, and such).

Nydia

You could try ebay, but it may take alot of looking to find what you want.

You could consider buying some drawers to store alot of the decks, but still have a few in boxes that you decorate.

yaraluna

I am in the process of finishing a box collection with my partner. we are using local and exotic woods to make them. as soon as i have the website up, i'll let y'all know.

in the meantime, check the info above mentioned if you just want a quick box to carry stuff around/store.

yara

Abrac

Queen of Pentacle said:
Sure I asked there, (even some packaging co.) but the size were never good...
Finding the right size is what has always been the major problem for me. I finally had to resort to making my own mainly out of necessity. You can make a nice box using corrugated cardboard and paper sacks or some other material you might have around the house or can find at a recycling center. It would take some dedication to make 20 or more from scratch though! I made a guide awhile ago and posted it here that shows basically how I do mine. It will get you started if you decide to give it a go.

Someone also posted a link not long ago to a site online that has Tarot boxes but I couldn't find it. Maybe the person who posted it will see this thread and link to it, or someone will remember where it is.

Frannie

I got a gorgeous tarot box made of oak and it's faerie design burned by hand, It is my treasure, cards fit perfectly and you have a lot of designs to choose from :
http://www.dragonoak.com/boxes.html

blue_fusion

try making your own. it's a very worthwhile and rewarding experience. i also remember reading in a thread here about a site that has a printable template thingie. you just give the measurements you need, and they give you a printable image of the box with the same dimensions.

Queen of Pentacle

It what I used to do but I'd prefer real boxes.

I have the template, and they're good.
I use them regularlay
I have made about 25 different boxes, all with pattern from scans of the inside deck cards.
but the boxes I am doing are not perfect, folding heavy cardbord is never straight and thin cardboard worse.
I'd prefer something neater and sturdier, so I may decorate or glue over.
And stack them are they are so many of them (and keep coming...)

So If you have a suggestion ...

celticnoodle

Queen of Pentacle said:
I use them regularlay
I have made about 25 different boxes, all with pattern from scans of the inside deck cards.
but the boxes I am doing are not perfect, folding heavy cardbord is never straight and thin cardboard worse.

I wonder then if your patterns from the scans of the decks would be able to be put into boxes such as I mentioned above. Some of those boxes at Michaels are not very expensive, a few dollars. If you could stain the box and then put on one of these patterns you speak of, it may turn out beautifully. Or, if you see a pretty stamp that you can also purchase at the craft store, do that.

blue_fusion

Queen of Pentacle said:
I use them regularlay

try cutting out the individual pieces first - that also saves on cardboard. then assemble them using tape and craft paper. i tried doing a tutorial on it, hopefully it's easy to follow: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/necromancer151/basic_box_guide.jpg :)