Study Groups....

Ange

I've been looking at the study groups, and it looks like they are quite a way advanced now. But I have had the idea of copying the exercises myself....using the group as a guide.

The part of the study that appealled to me was to take one card, and to write a piece on it, and keep studying that card until I had more than one sentance to say about it.....which is the most I can do at the moment......

So far my way of learning has been to learn each card by suit, from the Ace upwards, and concentrate on that suit, following the story that runs through each suit, so I have an idea what the basic meaning of each card is. So far I have done all the suits, and now have to do the court cards. Then the Majors.

I've found doing it this way is working for me, cos with my illness I have a terrible memory, but I do need to get more put into each card and this might be the way to do it.....
Ang x

Sulis

Hi Ange,

Another good way to learn is to look at all the Aces together then all the twos then all the threes etc.
Look at the similarities and the differences, maybe even see if they have anything in common with the Major Arcana card that has the same number :)

And if you want to resurrect a study group, just go ahead, some of them do seem to be quite dormant but they soon come to life again once folks start posting to them.

Drop me a quick PM if you need any help with any of the study groups (I'm the study groups moderator :)).

Ange

Thanks Sulis...

Ang x

Starling

Ange said:
I've been looking at the study groups, and it looks like they are quite a way advanced now. But I have had the idea of copying the exercises myself....using the group as a guide.

The part of the study that appealled to me was to take one card, and to write a piece on it, and keep studying that card until I had more than one sentance to say about it.....which is the most I can do at the moment......

Although the original group that did the 21 Ways Study had finished it, they seem quite happy to have me starting it. I've been welcomed, and I bet you would be too even if you just did a few of the steps. Why don't you join me?

Jewel

Starling said:
Although the original group that did the 21 Ways Study had finished it, they seem quite happy to have me starting it. I've been welcomed, and I bet you would be too even if you just did a few of the steps. Why don't you join me?
You bet we would welcome Ange!

Ange, Sulis has given you some great advice and the fact that what you are doing is also working for you means that you should continue that as well. If you ever decide to join the 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card Study group, you will find a lot of support no matter when you start!

Good luck with your studies! You will find that Aeclectic in and of itself is a fantastic learning tool.