PDA

View Full Version : Printing Individual Posts

Astraea
03-11-2007, 13:39
Hi all. I did a search on this topic, but could only find information related to printing entire threads.

I know that one can print whole threads by clicking on Thread Tools at the top of each thread, but I'm wondering if it's possible to print individual posts in a thread without copying and pasting.

Posts can be displayed individually by clicking on the number at the bottom of each post, but that does not appear to be a printer-friendly option.

Thanks in advance!

Grigori
03-11-2007, 15:35
The individual post display works for me. Just click the number and then press the print button... Maybe you need to try a different browser? :confused:

Astraea
03-11-2007, 15:40
Thanks Similia, that's a good idea. I do have some browser issues and this could certainly be another one!

Alta
03-11-2007, 21:28
similia, just to clarify, because I cannot get "Show Printable version" to appear for single posts either.... does the drop-down menu appear for you with a single post?

AJ
03-11-2007, 21:39
You can highlight just the part you want to print and when the print pop-up comes up change the ALL option to SELECTION option. all that will print is the part you have highlighted.

Or you can Copy and Paste into a word document and print that.

Astraea
03-11-2007, 23:09
Thanks AJ, that is good information. I've been copying and pasting thus far, and I thought that perhaps there was a more efficient option -- which the highlighting method certainly is.

Marion, I wondered about that, too. It would be nice if there were a "show printable version" option on the single post page, as maybe the colors are confusing my printer (I am not electronically knowledgeable though, and this is just a wild guess). If the inability to print single posts is indeed a browser issue and Similia is able to print them, maybe she does get the drop-down menu on the single post page with her browser. I've been reluctant to change mine (I'm on a Mac using Safari) because it works splendidly most of the time -- the graphics on some websites are its main problem area.

AJ
04-11-2007, 01:17
In your User CP there is an option to get rid of the purple background. I opt for grey and white, it is SO much easier on my eyes. At least you'd know if the purple background if the problem.

Astraea
04-11-2007, 01:36
Thanks AJ, that took care of it! Followed by something weird -- I tried printing again with the purple page selected (after printing the white-and-grey page) and it worked fine. This makes no sense to me, but I'm happy!

Merenwen
04-11-2007, 04:08
similia, just to clarify, because I cannot get "Show Printable version" to appear for single posts either.... does the drop-down menu appear for you with a single post?
No you don't get the option. What you get is the post on its own in a browser window. Nothing else, not even to Aeclectic Tarot logo or the bar on the top. I've tried this both at work with IE and at home with Firefox.

Using the standard print option from your browser you may be able to print this. However, some browsers will not rescale for it to fit onto the page nicely when you print.

Hope this helps.

Grigori
04-11-2007, 09:54
Yep, what Merenwen said. I just print the single post directly, no selecting anything.

It will print out with Avatar etc, but the extraneous things outside the post are removed already, so it seems workable to me.