The words just flow and they aren't coming from me

sharpchick

There is a woman I read for occasionally by e-mail. She doesn't live close to me (she doesn't even live in the US) and I do not know her except from our meeting as members of another online community. The only things I knew about her for the first reading were that she is an adult female, divorced, with custody of her young son. What I have asked of her for each reading is that she concentrate on the question during the period of time I have scheduled for the reading - I read, then e-mail her the reading.

I enjoy reading for her - she does not wear out her welcome and she is very thoughtful in her reading requests. She gives me very detailed and considered feedback on each reading.

Every time I read for her, the words just flow - and I don't feel as though they are coming from me. In each reading I've done for her, one card has built upon another. From the time I turn over the first card - no matter the number of cards thrown or whether I've used pre-scripted spread - I get a sense of the reading that is borne out with each successive card.

The only other person this happens with is my sister. I usually put that down to my having known her all her life (she is younger than I). Other people I've read for have given me good feedback (I always ask for that, even if it is given after the outcome of the reading has been seen by the querent), so I feel as though I probably read fairly well.

But this is very different - and it makes me wonder how much of it has to do with the fact that both she and I are thinking about her question and directing energy toward the reading together. It surprises me that the readings are so easy, that they flow so well, when reading for someone I have never met in real life.

Thoughts?

Xara

I've just test driven the Intuitive Tarot on some fellow TABI members and the feedback thus far has been positive! For me, this deck has flowed well and sometimes, the words for the cards come from someone else that isn't me.
Sometimes I think those of us that can read in this way, are delivering messages from the Cosmos (Universe etc.) that need to be delivered: the Tarot's just the mechanism by which we get the message. (Bit like a letter as opposed to e-mail or a phone call).

So, no: it's not just you that reads like that. I have with this deck and I can for most of my other decks, save 2.

Hope that made sense!

--------------------------------
Blessings to you all.
Xara
na cuidbhle tionndaidh

willowfox

It sounds like you are reading for a person who is clever, clear headed and knows what she wants, so there is no sense of confusion attached to her questions and readings, everything is out in the open and easy to see, that is why the words can flow.

Thats my idea anyway.

MeeWah

Whence two or more gathered in purposeful harmony, the higher understanding taketh the lead. In effect, 'in the zone' for the communications or 'channeling' to manifest.

mingbop

maybe you have a good connection to somebody who knew her well in life and who is still around to help her...

firefrost

Sharpchick - do you always use the same deck with her and your sister? I'm wondering if you have an affinity with the deck.

sharpchick

firefrost said:
Sharpchick - do you always use the same deck with her and your sister? I'm wondering if you have an affinity with the deck.

Actually, my sister likes to choose a deck each time I read for her. (She seems partial to the Buckland Romani deck, but has chosen others.) This woman likes the DruidCraft for all her readings, though.

Sar

DruidCraft is wonderful, then..

firefrost

Those are two brilliant decks that I hold dear. It is lovely when a bond is forged.

Right now I'm using the VRG and it's amazing how the words flow easily with it. In one sense it's annoying because I have my Romani that I love and I want to use my Victoria Regina but I'm finding that I'm reaching for my VRG without thinking.

You're getting wonderful results - maybe it's a case of letting your clients choose and then the words will flow through you.

That makes me think Mingbop is onto something - the spirit guides of the clients will show them to the deck they can best communicate through you with.

What do you think to this train of thought?

sharpchick

I think that is a very interesting point.

This querent asked me to describe some of my favorite decks. She also reads tarot, but had not seen images from the DruidCraft. I described the deck to her, and attached images of four cards. She decided she liked those and asked for the initial reading to be done with that deck.

After that, each time she has asked for a reading, she has posed her question to me and asked me if I think the DruidCraft is a good deck for that reading. In each case, I thought it very appropriate and said so, but also offered her other options. Each time she has chosen the same deck.

So perhaps Ming is on to something here. . . the spirits have chosen the DruidCraft to speak to this querent through me, and both she and I are honoring that choice.

I like that notion.