Astrologically based timing of monthly tarot spreads

czarner

I initially posted this thread in the 'Using Tarot' forum, but was advised to move it here.

------------------------------------------------------------

For the past couple of years, I've been doing a monthly reading for myself (using an astrological wheel spread) at my lunar return. I try to always do it around the precise time of the return, though this is sometimes impossible. I'm not a very skilled reader of the cards (my intuitive abilities are pretty weak, and I got into using the cards in the first place because I found it difficult to grasp astrological charts as a whole and thought tarot would help develop my intuition) and results have been rather mixed.

Lately, I've been wondering if rather than timing these readings for my lunar return, if I should do them at the time of my personal new moon (when the moon conjuncts my natal sun). Astrologically, this seems to make sense, as the lunar return is a time of strong emotions whereas the personal new moon is more balanced. The sun and moon are pretty tightly trined in my natal chart, so I think that should enhance the positive effects of the 'new moon' transit.

I'm curious as to whether anyone else here uses astrology to time tarot readings and if they have any opinions on which of these times would be more suitable. I know could just try both for a period of time and see, but I'm reluctant to do 2 monthly readings a month!

I use the Thoth deck, by the way.