HELP: Looking for Correspondence Charts for Tarot

tabi

I am helping a friend do a project; admittedly I kinda gave her a nodge in that direction to begin with. Let me back up and explain:

Roughly a year ago I got the Tarot ReVISIONed* from Tarot Garden. I was extremely impressed by it, still am to be honest. I showed it to an artist friend of mine who lives in Cali. She saw it and was just impressed as I was, she said she was going to get a copy for herself. She isn't into tarot at all and has no interest in it, BUT she said that they would make a great coffee table book.

I got it for her with the note saying that I'll help her make her coffee book. She is planning on doing it like a scrapbook project. However I cannot for the life of me find a decent correspondence site at all. I found one a while ago but can't manage to pull it up again. Grrrr....

Any help would be greatly appreciated it. What I am looking for is ANY CHARTS that deal with the correspondence of Oils, Flowers, Gems/Crystals, Colors, ZOE, etc but I am going to try to limit the divination part of it.

Thanks gang,
Tabi

*Tarot ReVISIONed is a Major Only deck that mixes Christainity, Judism, and Hinduism together in a black and white format.

All Is One

Not a chart but good correspondences and ease of reference: The Tarot Dictionary and Compendium by Janet O'Riley.

Good Luck with your project, sounds interesting!

~alison

tabi

Truthfully doesn't have to be a chart chart but something to have a great reference material for her so she can do her coffee book.

I was thinking of having color assocation for the background page since the deck is black and white, and having the flowers, oils, ZOE, etc floating around it to give each card a depth that would be missing....ya know I wonder if she is willing to do two of them. :| Would be an interesting book to have wouldn't it?

Formicida

There's also some of that sort of thing in "The Tarot Companion" by Tracy Porter, although that's mostly traditional occult stuff (astrology, runes, I Ching). It might be easier to pick a system of correspondences between Tarot and something like astrology or Qabalah and then find the correspondences with flowers, oils, etc. from there.

All Is One

Sounds like the O'Riley might do the trick as she lists element, rune, crystal/stones, all astrological and hebrew correspondences, as well as musical notes that go with each card...color, animal, plant and so on. Also she boils down a short condensation of the writings from about 10 tarot greats and lists them by card, so you can look up one card and get 10 well known reference on the meaning of the card as well as all info above, and one of the 10 or so people's writing she includes is Crowley.

Maybe it would work for you?

Nimbus

firefrost said:
Am I brill, or am I brill...?!?!

You are Brilliant, and you crack me up!! Thanks for the links!

:)

~Deborah