The Taste of Tarot Artwork

tabi

This past weekend I got my exchange package from the Creative Exchange. Within the package was the TdM (Tarot de Marseille) Mini. I've never care for the deck itself or the artwork, I am going to give it a try to see what it does for me since I never used it before. But what floors me is my 11 year old son.

I have been showing him a lot of my decks to get his opinion because he has been wanting one of his own. I gange his reactions so I know which things that he likes or doesn't like about the decks. Here soon I will be getting him one of his own. I let him look through TdM, he LIKED it!!! :surprise: I really thought he would like a Rider Waite based deck or even a Thoth inspired decks....but NO he likes the TdM. It is amazing to me that he would pick this deck. He says it is easy to figure out. :confused: :eek:

Little Hare

don't you just love children? :D they are always amazing us.... Things like that are a great lesson in reminding us that Kids can choose for themselves.... Oh also i admire him a great deal! I for one can't really figure out a TDM

Awesome story tabi :D thanks for sharing!

Aura Wolf

Very cute. Like they say, children are much more open to the world and any abilities they might have. He may also like the colours?

Hidden

Well i think you might have to buy a deck for him after all :p

tabi

Honestly I was looking for him I was thinking something with an illustrated pip, but he probably wants the TdM. The coloring is simple and traditional...hell I didn't even know that you can tell the difference between the Wands and Swords because they are craved....HE said that it was easy. :confused: Always nice to know your child is a smart @$$.

Lexie

If he likes this deck, then this is the right deck for him, at least right now. Children know best..

MareSaturni

Hahahahahahha, don't you love kids? Lol!

I think your son is smart. And i wish i had such a big interest in the TdM earlier - now i'm struggling to FIND/BUY it and when i finally acquire it, i'll be struggling to get used to it, to learn, figure it out :p

Your son could possibly give me some classes...lol!

tabi

miss_yuko said:
Hahahahahahha, don't you love kids? Lol!

I think your son is smart. And i wish i had such a big interest in the TdM earlier - now i'm struggling to FIND/BUY it and when i finally acquire it, i'll be struggling to get used to it, to learn, figure it out :p

Your son could possibly give me some classes...lol!

That wouldn't surprise me, the boy kicks my butt at chess and I'm the one that taught him how to play the game!

a_shikhs

tabi said:
That wouldn't surprise me, the boy kicks my butt at chess and I'm the one that taught him how to play the game!
Lol.. My 10 year old cousin brother sometimes beats me at chess when we play. He's a champion and plays at various national levels. But that's really cool that your son likes the TDM. I think you should gift him a TDM deck and then let his feelings guide him. He'll find it much easier to learn and master it at such a young age and he won't have to face the difficulty of choosing different themed decks like us. :laugh: