venus-pluto interaspects

star-lover

in personal charts as well as synastry between couples

one of the classic indicators of potential jealousy and possessiveness as a character trait as well as between two people, but i was thinking does it not depend on the signs involved as well as to how this might manifest

e.g. if venus in scorpio maybe this energy would be there more

if venus in sagitarius or libra would lessen the *heaviness* of it

and also doesn't it depend if the person is naturally a jealous type from their own birth chart

i have some synastry with a n other - his sun/pluto conjunct my venus and his venus squared by my pluto

both of us get jealous when the other seems to be flirting with someone else - the tiniest thing can trigger it off and normally its something silly and not flirting at all - also jealous of ex partners :D but we talk about this and realise how ridiculous it is to feel it and laugh it off in the end (my moon in sagitarius conjunct his venus/uranus i guess) and it seems to be serving the purpose of making us feel more secure and closer

anyway other interaspects i'm sure play a part in mitigating what could be a claustrophobic interaction - i know no aspect can be taken in isolation

any thoughts? :)

dadsnook2000

May I suggest houses instead of signs?

It is quite a bit easier to see a planet expressing itself through its house position than in its sign placement.

Pluto can spend so many years in a sign that it often has very little meaning for an individual compared to a generational imprint or a mundane influence (on a country, for example).

Venus may be more "sign" sensitive than Pluto, but we have to keep in mind that "signs" are defined by the Sun's declination cycle, something peculiar to the Sun-Earth relationship. If we were to apply the same declination relationship to each of the planets we would have multiple zodiacs because each planet has its own nodal axis. Sun-signs are only popular because of the newspapers and have much less importance to astrologers. Dave

Grigori

star-lover said:

Venus is in its detriment in Scorpio, so you might expect to get a somewhat "malefic" version of Venus in that sign. Slightly better if falling between 14' and 20'59minutes, where Venus is in its term.

If in Sagittarius Venus is Peregrine, unless between 8 and 13'59, its term. Not so bad, but not great either.

Libra would be far better with Venus in her rulership. Happy and contented Venus there.

House wise, Venus would be most happy in the 5th.

star-lover

thanks dave for that

i will have a play around thinking about planets workings in houses - i would agree that this could be more significant than sign placement - maybe because its more personal to someone seeing as their positions are dependant on the rising sign , also how they are aspected - need to spend alot more time trying to think how the energies merge as this shows more what is going on and where it manifests rather than how its going on (signs)

similia what is peregrine?

venus in the 5th is great, i would imagine she would be happy in the 2nd and 8th }) as well and the 7th and 1st:love::D

balenciaga

I read that Venus in the first house is a detriment because it can signify narcissism.:)

Grigori

star-lover said:
similia what is peregrine?

Peregrine is about what sign a planet is in. If a planet is in a sign it rules or exhalts etc.. it is very happy, if in a sign of its fall or detriment it's very unhappy.

If its in a sign it doesn't give a toss about either way, its called Peregrine and the planet acts like a homeless wanderer. Not really good, not really bad, a bit directionless really.

siren85

star-lover said:
one of the classic indicators of potential jealousy and possessiveness as a character trait as well as between two people, but i was thinking does it not depend on the signs involved as well as to how this might manifest

and also doesn't it depend if the person is naturally a jealous type from their own birth chart

i have some synastry with a n other - his sun/pluto conjunct my venus and his venus squared by my pluto

both of us get jealous when the other seems to be flirting with someone else - the tiniest thing can trigger it off and normally its something silly and not flirting at all - also jealous of ex partners :D but we talk about this and realise how ridiculous it is to feel it and laugh it off in the end (my moon in sagitarius conjunct his venus/uranus i guess) and it seems to be serving the purpose of making us feel more secure and closer
what you mentioned pretty much sums up the Venus-Pluto inter-aspect exactly... it is definately an extremely strong and intense inter-aspect between two people. even though pluto moves slowly through the signs, it is one of the aspects in synastry that you can definately feel immediately. Intensity, passion, jealousy, obsession, lust, can all describe this aspect. Linda Goodman in her book describes this as the 'Soul mate/Twin Soul' aspect... that nothing on earth can tear these two souls apart. eh, ok.

yes, it would probably have something to do with jealousy/intensity in the natal chart as well... you'll often find, for example, Scorpios and 'Plutonians' or people with Venus-Pluto natal aspects, in intense, passionate relationships.. (ie such as a relationship characterized by a Venus-Pluto aspect). They seek those type of relationships out.

Venus in Scorpio in the natal chart... I haven't really seen good examples of it. extremely jealous, intense, manipulative, controlling, ect. they were masters at inciting jealousy and playing games, but when their partners turned it around and flirted with others, they freaked out! became completely paranoid, and flipped the f*ck out. like major craziness lol. I'm sure this is similar to Venus-Pluto in the natal chart. (I know this doesn't describe ALL venus is scorpios.. just been my experience of it)

Venus-Pluto in the natal chart (especially the square, conjunction or opposition) will often try to manipulate others. they can be obsessive, possessive, jealous and controlling. again, these are the hard aspects, so these tend to be the negative attributes. but, they are committed, intense and dedicated in their love. often they get into intense and painful relationships... they feel a need to be 'transformed' in love.

isthmus nekoi

I have Venus-Pluto natally, so unless I date outside of my age by a serious margin, every relationship is going to have my partner's Pluto aspecting my Venus. I have Venus in carefree, flirtatious Sag.

I've had the whole range from very jealous partners (well, by my standards) to those who were very relaxed. In my mind, people ought to be free and shouldn't be treated like possessions. Also, the obsessive thing, playing mind games etc - total turnoff. You can be very intense and passionate without being controlling like that.

As for Venus in 1st, I've seen this in the charts of really beautiful people and I mean beautiful in the classical Venusian sense - well balanced features, symmetry of face, etc. so I'm not surprised that some would turn to narcissism :p

I think the roughest Venus house placement I've seen for women is Venus in 12th. It's almost like they have to deal with all the negative things our society perpetuates about gender (e.g. virgin-whore split) to a greater degree.

siren85

isthmus nekoi said:
I have Venus-Pluto natally, so unless I date outside of my age by a serious margin, every relationship is going to have my partner's Pluto aspecting my Venus. I have Venus in carefree, flirtatious Sag.

I've had the whole range from very jealous partners (well, by my standards) to those who were very relaxed. In my mind, people ought to be free and shouldn't be treated like possessions. Also, the obsessive thing, playing mind games etc - total turnoff. You can be very intense and passionate without being controlling like that.
oh yeah, I know a few people who have venus conjunct pluto natally, and since everyone in their age group has pluto conjunct their venus, they are often involved in pretty intense relationships. plus, (usually) thats the kind of relationship they like!

Venus-Pluto can tend to attract dominating, controling, possesive people... same with sun-pluto for women, and moon-pluto for men. it probably has to do with mother/father issues.... a somewhat dominating, controlling parent figure. (although not usually obviously so.. pluto is very underhanded and sneaky; 'god of the underworld')

yeah, I agree... venus in 1st house tends to be very attractive. Same with Libra Rising. they have the classicaly beautiful features.