Concentration - your crystal recommendations

Sophie

What do you recommend as crystals to aid concentration? I'm having trouble concentrating these days. I need help to study, centre and ground, prioritise.

Any personal experience to share along with your stone suggestions?

Sophie

anyone? :begging smilie:

lark

Improve concentration:
green tourmaline
carnelian with magnetite (lodestone)
red jasper.

Sophie

Thank you! :love:

(now to find some of these. Red jasper I have. Carnelian I have, but not with magnetite - do you mean incrusted in the carnelian, btw, or beside it?). The only tourmaline I have is black.)

lark

Yes the carnelian is kind of swirled in the magnetite.
Here are a few others you might have around.
For poor concentration: work with Amazonite, aventurine, fulgurite, petrified wood, pyrite and snow quartz.
Kyanite, lapis lazuli and okenite help you concentrate for longer periods of time.

lark

I have a Kyanite pendant that I like to wear when studying and for some reason I always reach for a small green/purple/clear fluorite wand I have when I study.

Sophie

lark said:
Yes the carnelian is kind of swirled in the magnetite.
That sounds very easy on the eye :)

For poor concentration: work with Amazonite, aventurine, fulgurite, petrified wood, pyrite and snow quartz.
Here I have amazonite, aventurine and petrified wood. Snow quartz too, but not sure where.

Kyanite, lapis lazuli and okenite help you concentrate for longer periods of time.
Kyanite I have. I could KICK myself, because I left my beloved lapis lazuri egg in Cape Town - it's going to be shipped along with my other belongings there. But why did I do that? It's travelled round the world with me, one of my favourite - I don't know why I didn't bring it. I'd just had an accident back then...and other stuff... I think I wasn't thinking straight.

Thank you, Lark - this is helpful. I'll give these a try, one by one.

sleepingcat

Oh I'm going to mispell this stupid name.

Dutorimite? It's a dark mottled blue stone, glassy smooth when tumbled.

I take it to work when I wake up going o.*; huh? and it keeps me (more or less) on task. It's good for organizing one's thoughts and carrying that theme of orginization and deliberate actions through the day.

It goes with me to work a lot, come to think of it.

In addition to stones that will actually improve concentration it's self, this little baby'll make sure you're able to stay concentrated and be productive. : 3

The Dreamer

I tend to be wary of generalized recommendations, since I've found there can be quite a lot of individual variation in people's reactions to stones, and also variation in stones of the same type, but, that said-

I've found that black star diopside affects me in a way that is not so much a concentration of attention, but an amplification of attention (and sometimes intention), and most noticeably, improves memory retention- such that I actually avoid wearing it when I am attending events where there will be much trivia that I don't think will be worth remembering in a specially reinforced way.
When in a situation with stimuli which I previously judged to be important to pay attention to, though, that is not a problem.

I have three jewelry pieces of black star diopside, and I have noticed this same effect with all of them, though with a bit of comparative variation in strength between them.

Sophie

[searching crystal book]

- ah, found it! DUMORTIERITE. Gosh, anyone would misspell that one.

"promotes companionship, tolerance and reduces hyperactivity". Sounds good, thanks :)

This site calls it the stone of patience. Oh dear. I feel another purchase coming on...The question is, maybe I should be patient before haring after one more stone, when I have so many...?