do i really need to be pyschic to do tarot

owd chrome dome

in the online guides and books, it says things like walk into the card and ask if you're welcome and if not walk out, BAFFLING.

Another one says study the card and a white light appears, WELL NOT TO ME IT DOESN;T BAFFLED AGAIN.

6 Haunted Days

Er no, not at all. Welcome to AT! If you have questions they'd love toanswer them over in the Using Tarot Cards forum :)

Ravenlady

If you really had to be psychic to do tarot, then I don't know how I would have managed :D But I do agree with 6HD try asking there instead :)

And welcome to the AT, it's a great place to be when you want to learn more and discuss everything tarot :)

Anna

AJ

Welcome! I'm about as psychic as the door knob in my avatar...but I do understand your question. When I first picked up the cards I had a lot of ideas about them that are much different now. Ideas about what the cards even were, how to use them, why to use them, when to use them, and the answers are different for each user.

If you are really interested use your cards daily and come by here daily :)

celticnoodle

welcome to A.T. owd chrome dome. No, you do not need to be psychic to do tarot. However, you may find that after you're doing tarot for awhile that your other abilities begin to develop---or not. Sometimes developing one ability leads to other abilities developing on their own-without you even thinking about doing so!

i would not worry so much about what you've read. just pick up your cards and see what you can see in each card when you read. have fun with it, and practice, practice, practice. having a few books to fall back on, and/or to read to get an idea of what that particular author feels is the meaning to each card is handy, but really, you'll soon find it doesn't matter what meaning the book(s) give to the card, but what YOU think it is saying. Just something you'll soon get use to, and especially if you hang around here long enough!

I hope to see you around the boards here! Welcome!

blackstormhawk

I would guess that true psychic-deafness is about as rare as true tone-deafness! You can listen to and appreciate music without being a musician, and you can appreciate and use tarot withotu being a "pro" too. It's all a matter of practice.

Amalthea_In_Fla

owd, my belief is that we are all "psychic" to some degree, but that's a whole 'nuther discussion. Primarily, I see tarot is a tool to help us make sense of information we receive at a subconscious level. People get "hunches" and "feelings" about a person, thing, or event all the time, but rarely act on them because they just seem too vague. The symbols in tarot cards can make that intangible hunch or feeling into something solid that our conscious minds can wrap around.

I would say study your deck card by card. Write a little story based on the images in each (doesn't have to be pulitzer prize stuff, just see what you come up with). After that, you can compare what you have with the book says, but don't worry if they don't always match up.

Scorpio Kitten

Welcome, welcome!

I've learned so much about the cards since I've joined the forums. The truth is, a lot tarot info out there can make it seem quite intimidating. But what I've learned from all of the people here on the forums totally surpasses what can be found in any book. There is such a wealth of info on the forums gleaned from personal experiences - in other words, you came to the right place! One of the first things I learned here is the vast differences in tarot readers. Some memorize the meanings, others read the visuals on the cards, and many are purely intuitive. I think most readers are a combination of all three.

No, you don't have to be Miss Cleo or Sylvia Browne to read the cards. But you do need to be open to them. You have to trust them. Once you do, your intuition will start to kick in. After all, the whole point of the symbolism is to connect with your subconscious! :)

All I 'm saying is don't sweat it, and practicing is the best thing you can do. Even if you're just handling your cards, you're forming an intuitive bond with them! These forums are a great resource - see you there!

kwesifriends

Hello there welcome to the forum you don't need to be psychic everyone can learn tarot hehehe have fun this is the best forum to meet friends and study tarot with the other user.

owd chrome dome

thanks for all the replies.