PDA

View Full Version : is the forum being updated?

shadowbane
07-12-2007, 08:23
Hi been locked out of the forum today.is anyone else experiecing this? im thinking it's a site update?

AJ
07-12-2007, 09:48
Shadowbane you need to send me $500.00 dollars...make that Euros, they are worth more today. In return I'll unlock the door and give you 3 candles and bless your bicycle.

:)
My guess it is something in your settings? You were able to make your post, so you aren't locked out. Do you mean a specific forum?

NightQueen
07-12-2007, 11:40
hahaha sorry I just had to laugh!

6 Haunted Days
07-12-2007, 14:35
Yes, I've had no problems getting on or posting. It must be your computer, connection or settings.

lark
07-12-2007, 14:44
I couldn't get on all day either.....and I was wondering the same thing.

6 Haunted Days
07-12-2007, 14:59
I couldn't get on all day either.....and I was wondering the same thing.

Well then, there is something going on! Perhaps a server glitch that only affects certain areas? I have no idea.

Solandia
07-12-2007, 16:26
The Forum is up and running normally, as far as I'm aware. lark and shadowbane - did you receive an error message on trying to get here?

~ Solandia

Niclas
07-12-2007, 21:47
Problems for me, too, some hours ago. I seemed to be a DNS error, which would explain why the forum was running fine, but unreachable for some of us.

kwesifriends
07-12-2007, 22:06
I think the forum is always having error sometimes and I don't know why yay.

lark
08-12-2007, 00:51
I couldn't get on from about 8:00 untill 10:00 last night.
I get the "can't find server page."
Right now I am having trouble with POST REPLY...I get the "cannot find server page"...I "back click" wait a long time and then the original page comes up again...click Post Reply and the the Post Repy turns up.

This is not the first time I've experiened not being able to get on the forum...it's happened probably 6 times in the past 2 months.
I can access all other areas of the Aeclectic and any other website just not the forum.

lark
08-12-2007, 00:55
Also on Tuesday I wasn't getting any auto emails, then Wednesday all day about 60 emails came in in big clumps from threads the day before...but just emails from Aeclectic not other personal emails

Waterfaery
08-12-2007, 01:21
I was locked out all day yesterday. I could get to all the other pages on the site, but it wouldn't let me into the forum and I wasn't receiving any emails about thread posts. I usually get a dozen an hour. I thought maybe the site was down.

ETA: The only error message I got was that the page couldn't load due to a timeout error. Were things going a little slow if the server was overloaded?

kwesifriends
08-12-2007, 01:31
yay I have another problem when I'm sending mail to others they can't recieve it also mine I don't know why!

mystic mal
08-12-2007, 01:41
Ive been locked out too,all day yesterday and the previous evening.

AJ
08-12-2007, 01:44
*rubs hands together*
I'd best lay in a larger supply of candles...

shadowbane
08-12-2007, 01:47
The Forum is up and running normally, as far as I'm aware. lark and shadowbane - did you receive an error message on trying to get here?

~ Solandia

I didnt receive an error message but the icons for the site were missing. I managed to post after hitting the back button several times. I logged in for a while but couldnt stay on the server. I seem to be on here now. I was able to log onto my email and other places. perhaps it is my security settings on my firewall. I tried another site and the java applets were missing.

Lol at candles might be handy if the electric goes again.

Lillie
08-12-2007, 10:54
Tonight has been Ok.

But yesterday I couldn't get on except once, then not again after.
The night before not at all.

:(

Could get other places no problem, just not here.

starrystarrynight
08-12-2007, 13:29
About an hour ago, my AT screen faded to white a couple of times several minutes apart. I logged off and have just now logged back on. Seems okay at the moment, but if it fades to white again, I'll probably call it a night and get back on tomorrow.

FaireMaiden
08-12-2007, 18:04
I haven't had any trouble getting into the site, but yesterday, when I woke up, I had 150 emails from AT!

They dated back to December 1st... wow...

Mind you, these were emails I had already perused and deleted before...

So, yeah, strange doings are afoot...

Moonbow
08-12-2007, 19:33
Hi shadowbane

Are you with Tiscali by any chance?

Their server was down for 24 hours at the time you posted this. I am with them and phoned their Tech Support as their 'service status line' announcement said that everything was working normally, (which is always does).

Moonbow*

Alta
08-12-2007, 22:15
I have been having lots of "Trouble Loading Page" responses (time-outs), and the issue does seem to be confined to this site but I can not be sure if it was my ISP or what.

Emily
09-12-2007, 03:01
I just thought I would post this - Are any of you using McAfee SiteAdvisor? I usually just let this programme run but occasionally it gives me problems with connecting to normal sites, like this - I turn it off and then I can connect with no problems whatsoever.

It might not be SiteAdvisor but its strange that I get more connection problems when its on.

FaireMaiden
09-12-2007, 09:04
I'm just on Explorer... and I have trouble connecting to the site as well... Not that it doesn't connect, more that it takes a long time to do so... I click on other sites and, wham, I'm there... I click on AT and it takes forever, (a minute, *lol*) to get here... Alas, a 'minute' in cyber-world is an eternity... it's just not normal...

Fire Cat
09-12-2007, 09:38
Internet Explorer has issues with static php pages, which this site & other bulletin board sites use (NB: the php? text in your website address bar above). I have a very old system and IE5 & have no problems.

Here is how my IE is set:

Go up to the "Tools" and scroll down to "Internet Options..."
Tab on the word "Security" and go to "Custom Level"
Look toward the bottom of that pop-up and drop down to "Low" (under "Reset Custom Settings") & click "Reset" and then "Yes"
Make sure the first 4 options are set to "Enable"
Click "OK" and then "Yes"
Click "OK" again

\

lark
09-12-2007, 10:33
Thanks kilts_knave I wrote that all down...:)

gregory
31-12-2007, 09:26
Or move over to firefox ! I haven't had any issues lately (now of course I sha..........

oops...........

lark
31-12-2007, 10:08
i did what you said kilts_knave, but that didn't help...then I cleaned out my cookies and past history and that seemed to have done the trick ...maybe it was a corrupted cookie...someone left it soaking in the milk to long. :D