Yatta~ (we did it!)

sleepingcat

At last, I got some strangers to let me read for them.

My office was having an open house, which meant I had to dress up, look... presentable, clean like woah and attempt polite consversation while nursing a rum and coke all night that progressivly became more and more coke opposed to rum.

Around 7 pm, things were winding down and my boss brought some friends in from the office down the hall... somehow one of the pools of consvseration mentioned somthing that reminded my boss of Tarot and I was asked if I had my cards.

I always have a deck on me. So my boss suggested I do some readings for people.

the people down the hall wanted to be read for, and since these are people i can honestly never expect to see again in my lifetime, I can consider them complete strangers. I also read for some people from the company, but not my office and I'll consider that slightly less stranger, but cerrtianly more formal than my co-workers (i read for them too, but failed to hold their intrest).

I'd say it went pretty well. I was told I hit things pretty well. I was proud of myself, even if it wasnt A game, or proably even B game to many here, I think I passed. I felt roots extend though my legs and into the earth, the cards moved easily in my hands and I got a few good bits and peices from them.

My boss remarked that had she known I had my cards, I should have been reading all night.... I smiled like a good co-op but I was secretly really glad no one had thought of it sooner. That just would have been too much.

But I'm very grateful for the expierence I was able to have. And I want to thank you all for the part you had in it.

Splungeman

WOO HOO!! Yaaaay!!

Wasn't it cool?

Watch...eventually you'll start getting the itch to want to read for more strangers. It's like an addiction. Congrats for making the leap.

Astraea Aurora

Hey sleepingcat,

congrats to you and a big bunch of flowers!! Hopefully it leads to being interested in more stranger readings.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Dave.vdv

Nice one :) must feel nerve racking at first, does help if the reading makes sense i think, wish i was there allready.

Good luck and have fun reading.

lilangel09

Congrats! I've been racking my nerves trying to get a sitter for 3 weeks. When I get the courage to set out my cards, I get no sitter (they just kind of look at me then continue walking). When there are a ton of people, I can't bring myself to take them out. I'm going to try to read for strangers at the airport and in the UK. I just hope I can get the courage to do it. :)

celticnoodle

hurray for you, sleepingcat! way to go! now that you've had the experience, it'll make it all the easier to do it again and again. who knows, maybe your boss will want to have a tarot party and of course she'll know who to hire for the job! :D just don't price yourself too cheaply! :)

Grizabella

Congratulations! Good going! :D :heart:

Briar Rose

You are a very brave soul. That took a lot.