bought some crystals today

shadowbane

I bought some crystals again more I cant name.I liked them a lot so I purchaed them not thinking on use or meaning behind them I just couldnt resist them. and the price was 1.00 each. so i bought 3. none are smooth but rough. ill try to get some snaps of them.

I skipped buying 2 crystals that were cheaply priced.

One was a open rock with tiny deep smokey grey crystals inside it growing like amethyst.i didnt know if it was toxic so i left it.

the other is brown white black and orange waves of color.
another i was shocked to see was coral and I left it where it was.

SilverCloudedWolf

Hi Shadowbane.

I would guess that the oners you bought are probably quartzes, agates or something equally as common - calcite maybe - simply because they tend to be around the £1/stone price, unless you found them at a fair and got a bargain!

The one that had waves of colours sounds like agate.

Not so sure about the small grey crystals. I have a quartz geode which has blue-grey crystals, so it could have been quartz, but I'm not certain.

Thankfully I've not seen much coral around!

Enjoy your new friends
Silver

shadowbane

I am enjoying them and hope that I can find out what they do. I am so glad I found them.

one is pale blue looks like ice you can see through the points. feels cold to the touch and similar to amethyst with points.
2nd is see through green not bright green but limeish and a single brown line in it. it feels tacky to touch. looks like jelly almost.
3rd one is almost turquoise with a lot of green and tiny white lines across it.
I like them anyway and glad they chose me to come home with.

shadowbane

feeling guilty but decided to go back and buy some more. I feel bad as I spent £7.00. I promise to get some photos on here soon sorry for the wait. Im on a works computer and been doing the xmas shopping.

HearthCricket

Wow...you have some nice and unique stones, there! The pale blue one looks like it could be Celestite, though I am leaning more towards Blue Quartz. The more greenish one looks like Amazonite, to me. Let me take another look.

shadowbane

Thanks I was in Oxfam I went to get some xmas cards and had a look around. I have never found anything in there before as bags/boxes tarot etc they dont seem to get any of. or they do but im not lucky enough to find them but fingers crossed for after xmas. They were 99p each and I feel like a spent way too much but, I think I may have done the right thing in buying them as they seem really content. I went bakc for the others as I felt that 3 werent that happy together and "2's company 3's a crowd idea." or perhaps a poor excuse for purchasing more than needed. *in a talkative mood today*
I really like the blue one it shimmers under the light. my mum likes the greeny/turquoise one.

HearthCricket

I would definitely say you got your money's worth! You have some nice, interesting pieces there. Some look like they could be agate, but I am not positive. The speckled polished stone has my interest. I can't quite figure out what that is. Hopefully someone else will chime in. I am still browsing through my Crystal Bible to see if anything pops out, but realizing this book, as nice as it is, is still too limited!

shadowbane

Thanks HeartCricket. I will be putting them with my fae altar. the blue one makes my hand go cool when I hold it. How odd is that!
I am not so keen on the other crystals as I like the blue/green ones. I hope that there will be something interesting inside them if I meditate with them. or then again they may need passing on in a crystal trade in the future and I am the one holding onto them till they reach that home.

HearthCricket

You are very welcome. I wish I could identify them all for you, but I can't. The shiney flat one could be Lepidolite, but I am not certain. The speckled one...I almost think I might have something like it. Possibly a type of jasper?!